View Poll Results: Where do you stand on the latest Star Wars show?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's good, I've enjoyed watching it & will continue to watch it

7 26.92%
  • Neutral - Very middle ground, dont like or hate it

5 19.23%
  • Bad! Why did they make this show?

8 30.77%
  • Not watching it period!

6 23.08%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Poll - SW: Resistance - Your thoughts on the show?

Things actually got even more interesting this week. I guess this timeline is closer to TFA than I realized?
    There is a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in
    - Leonard Cohen

For me it's almost like watching a train wreck, I gotta see how it unfolds. lol
    This is why I don't like starting a series that I don't like, by abandoning it I feel things are left unfinished.

I cant say that it got more interesting, just more shenanigans by Incompetent Kaz.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

I think it's more interesting in the possibilities that may be afoot. I guess I need to put a spoiler alert here, in case anyone reading this hasn't watched the 2/17 episode.

With Poe heading to a mission on Jaaku, that sounds like the beginning of TFA. So it would seem that the rest of this season will either lead up to the events of TFA/TLJ, or happen during the timeframe of TFA/TLJ. In either case, it makes for interesting possibilities next season. For example, it would be cool to see people talking of the legend of Luke Skywalker and what he did on Crait, as well as the destruction of the New Republic and Starkiller base (if the public actually know about that). And then you have to wonder if Season 2 will take part contemporaneously with Episode IX, or will Episode IX jump forward several years, and the rest of Resistance will take part between TLJ and IX. That's what I find interesting about this - not necessarily what Kaz is running around doing.
    - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Jedi View Post
    I think it's more interesting in the possibilities that may be afoot. I guess I need to put a spoiler alert here, in case anyone reading this hasn't watched the 2/17 episode.

With Poe heading to a mission on Jaaku, that sounds like the beginning of TFA. So it would seem that the rest of this season will either lead up to the events of TFA/TLJ, or happen during the timeframe of TFA/TLJ. In either case, it makes for interesting possibilities next season. For example, it would be cool to see people talking of the legend of Luke Skywalker and what he did on Crait, as well as the destruction of the New Republic and Starkiller base (if the public actually know about that). And then you have to wonder if Season 2 will take part contemporaneously with Episode IX, or will Episode IX jump forward several years, and the rest of Resistance will take part between TLJ and IX. That's what I find interesting about this - not necessarily what Kaz is running around doing.
    I agree with a lot of this. The Poe comic book that primarily centered around finding the old dude with the map and the comic lasted 30 issues, so it's quite possible the show could have another season leading up to The Force Awakens.
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

This has me curious too, because the first two movies of the ST happen very quickly. Days, not weeks. The only downtime between Jakku and Crait is *perhaps* a few days between Starkiller base being destroyed and the base on Illenium being attacked. Which means, for the show, they'd probably find out about all of it at once.
    Naughtiest lines in Star Wars:
    You came in that thing?! You're braver than I thought!
    Luke, at that speed will we be able to pull out in time?
    Back door huh? Good idea.

Haven't seen it..
    Hear about it..
    What network channel is it on?

^^^ It's on Disney XD

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherder View Post
    This has me curious too, because the first two movies of the ST happen very quickly. Days, not weeks. The only downtime between Jakku and Crait is *perhaps* a few days between Starkiller base being destroyed and the base on Illenium being attacked. Which means, for the show, they'd probably find out about all of it at once.
    That's one aspect that I'll be curious to see how they handle in the show. At the end of the last episode, Poe was clearly in the X-Wing that gets blown to bits by the First Order on Jakku, and he's obviously got BB-8 with him, so I get the feeling that the events of TFA are going to be happening fairly soon. Even though TFA and TLJ seemingly occurring over only days, the writers could still slow down time in the upcoming episodes, or they could jump past both movies quickly. I still don't think this is a great show, but I'm starting to feel these upcoming episodes might have been worth the build up.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManX View Post
    I agree with a lot of this. The Poe comic book that primarily centered around finding the old dude with the map and the comic lasted 30 issues, so it's quite possible the show could have another season leading up to The Force Awakens.
    Any idea how much time elapsed in those 30 issues?
    Last edited by Dr_Jedi; 02-22-2019 at 04:02 AM.
    - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Jedi View Post
    ^^^ It's on Disney XD

That's one aspect that I'll be curious to see how they handle in the show. At the end of the last episode, Poe was clearly in the X-Wing that gets blown to bits by the First Order on Jakku, and he's obviously got BB-8 with him, so I get the feeling that the events of TFA are going to be happening fairly soon. Even though TFA and TLJ seemingly occurring over only days, the writers could still slow down time in the upcoming episodes, or they could jump past both movies quickly. I still don't think this is a great show, but I'm starting to feel these upcoming episodes might have been worth the build up.

Any idea how much time elapsed in those 30 issues?

I want to say a couple of weeks
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

I know this show didn't get off to a great start and made alot of people give up on it early, but I'm telling you guys now that the last half of this season is really good and well worth your time. From about episode 12 on it really picks up! There's 3 episodes you could skip altogether - 3, 8, and 11, but if you just watched 1, 2, 5, 6, 9, 10, and 12-21, you'll get the meat of season 1.
    Naughtiest lines in Star Wars:
    You came in that thing?! You're braver than I thought!
    Luke, at that speed will we be able to pull out in time?
    Back door huh? Good idea.

The episode I saw Kaz witnessed the destruction of his home world. Which I believe was the same planet destroyed by Star Killer Baze. Also the Tem character gets taken willingly by the first order. The Colossis turns out to be a Starship as well. Hope these arenít spoilers. I find it annoying that Kaz didnít tell Tem that the First order destroyed his home world.
    Last edited by jedimasterc; 03-18-2019 at 08:41 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast