Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyperreal Line

Having read the comments on Yakface, these are likely to be 8 inches. I don't think scale changes will help with sales - same goes for the Galaxy of Adventures line rumored to be going to 5 inches. The 3.75 and 6 inch scales are what Hasbro should focus on, if they continue to neglect the 3.75 range, the whole brand (as it relates to toys) will start to collapse in my opinion. With so much hitting clearance in every scale, adding more product sizes and higher pricepoints will only make it worse. I'm all for Hasbro experimenting, but not at the expense of scales that have been around for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by darth_sidious View Post
    I'm all for Hasbro experimenting, but not at the expense of scales that have been around for decades.
    It's not really at the expense of other scales as those will continue. This is about introducing a limited selection of new, higher-end products the fit in a scale/price point that don't have much representation in. There are 3 planned, although one of which may already be cancelled. We shall see next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    It's not really at the expense of other scales as those will continue. This is about introducing a limited selection of new, higher-end products the fit in a scale/price point that don't have much representation in. There are 3 planned, although one of which may already be cancelled. We shall see next weekend.
    I was lumping Galaxy of Adventures in my comments as well, because it seems they're exploring other scales instead of focusing on the tried-and-true models that have been around for so long. Again, I don't begrudge them, because they try new products yearly, I simply feel we might be looking at a situation similar to those centerpiece releases, where collectors scoff at the pricepoint, and they only start to move when the price is slashed in half.

When 6 inch was introduced, many thought the 3.75 scale would be hurt by it, but it really wasn't. At this point though, the 3.75 range does seem to be suffering, as we have no basic movie line and only a few new offerings in TVC. I appreciate your viewpoint, because your knowledge on the hobby is second to none, but its hard not to draw those conclusions from these rumored new lines, when the 3.75 scale is in the state that it is. Many thought we'd get the better part of a year to catch up on missed characters, but it feels more like Hasbro is exploring other directions to take the brand.

Vader with an unmasked swappable head and Boba Fett would definitely catch my eye with premium detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Bolingbroke View Post
    Lol. This is exactly the same discussion we had six years ago when the six inch line debuted. Who are you kidding guys.
    Hahaha, that was what I was thinking too.

"I might buy one or two"

- IT'S A TRAP!

DON'T DO IT!!

Maybe the R2-D2 will be in scale with the 6" line.....
    Loving Disney and all things Danish and Japanese!!!

I wish hasbro would just make the basic 3.75 line articulate again. I only collect black series now, but back during the POTF2-ROTS days I only collected the 3.75 and a few 12 inch here and there. I know that costs go up, but 13 years ago you got way more bang for your buck. $5.99 for SA Clone troopers, Jedi, and just more movement and detail in the basic line. There are many factors as to why Star Wars toys appear to not sell as well anymore (lack of interest in the new films, more kids being into technology and video games instead of toys, etc etc) but I don't think have toys with 5 points of articulation helps at all. Its almost $10 for a basic figure that honestly sucks.

Now if these new figures end up being like the 12 inch Marvel and are highly detailed and come with a decent amount of accessories then I'll be all for it depending on the character. A highly detailed Vader, Maul, Anakin, and Luke would be awesome. But we will see.

I'll have to see one in person, but at $80 for one figure? I'm most likely OUT on this line, unless they really knock an Obi-Wan out of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolingbroke View Post
    Lol. This is exactly the same discussion we had six years ago when the six inch line debuted. Who are you kidding guys.
    I've got my limits.
    "I mean, really, how many times will you look under Jabba's manboobs?" - bkusna

Black Series 6" Wish List: Aemon Gremm, Moff Jerjerrod, Death Star Gunner, Ponda Baba, Dr. Evazan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    Uhhh... the Black Series definitely negatively impacted the 3.75" articulated line, it's silly to think doing this again won't have another negative impact.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast