Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Hyperreal Line

Not a squeak from Amazon UK for mine. It's still saying end of October.
    still waiting for the cancellation notice TBH, it's too good of a deal for them to follow through on.

After watching a few reviews i'm sold! Clearly the best action figure Hasbro have yet produced as reflected in the price which is steeper than I would have liked .but I cant pass up what will be the definitive Vader in my collection

Overall I like the Vader in hand. The real test for this line will how it translates to human likeness with the Luke figure.

The helmet looks too small. Thats my only gripe.

I’d like to see hyperreal figures released 2 per “wave” in the future. Like Han Solo and Chewbacca, Anakin and Obi Wan, ANH Luke and Leia, etc etc. troopers are a must too

but would C-3PO and R2-D2 need figures in this format? Doesn’t seem like they’d benefit much
    Even electronic brain pancake crystal elderly giving first aid the already disheveled hair projection

I’m really impressed with how the Vader turned out. I always thought this type of figure could be a good concept so it’s nice to see one executed well. That said I really don’t have an interest in one really great 8” Vader, my interest in this line is dependent on how the human characters look.

I received my Hyperreal Vader today. I've been futzing with it for a couple of hours now and I have to say, I'm more than happy with it. The sculpting detail is stellar, IMO. Also, it's a bit larger in-hand than I'd imagined (no double entendre intended). The soft goods also hang quite well, but they did require a bit of preening on my part (again, no double meaning you pervs!).

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Atmo View Post
    I’d like to see hyperreal figures released 2 per “wave” in the future. Like Han Solo and Chewbacca, Anakin and Obi Wan, ANH Luke and Leia, etc etc. troopers are a must too

but would C-3PO and R2-D2 need figures in this format? Doesn’t seem like they’d benefit much
    I totally agree with the "2 per wave" idea. I'd be in, for sure. Troopers would/should be a given at this scale. Classic stormies, certainly. I would love to see what they could do with an ESB Snowtrooper at this scale. That's still my favorite trooper after all these years. As far as the droids go, for me it depends on the finish. If 3PO is vac metal and R2's dome has a brushed aluminum look, I'd totally be down.

Quote Originally Posted by YavinTemplePilot View Post
    I’m really impressed with how the Vader turned out. I always thought this type of figure could be a good concept so it’s nice to see one executed well. That said I really don’t have an interest in one really great 8” Vader, my interest in this line is dependent on how the human characters look.
    I guess I'm kinda on the opposite end of that spectrum. If there's one character I would want at this scale – regardless of whether they keep the line going – it's Vader. I have no regrets about my purchase, even if this line gets the axe.
    Darth Vader was amazed to discover that when Fett said "As you wish" what he meant was "I love you."

My Feedback

I think this turned out nicely. I'd give this a 7/10. The cloth cape was a pleasant surprise. It drapes pretty well. There’s a nice heft to the figure, although the articulation is a bit limited due to the structure and rubbery materials.

I’m disappointed with the lack of an accurate helmet/facemask sculpt. With 3D scanning nowadays, it’s inexcusable to have inaccuracies at this scale and price point. For it to be named “HYPERREAL,” accuracy is an absolute must.

The other thing that’s definitely annoying was the permanently bent rubbery lightsaber. Other than these issues, I’m pretty content with holding on to it.

Quote Originally Posted by skoota73 View Post
    I think this turned out nicely. I'd give this a 7/10. The cloth cape was a pleasant surprise. It drapes pretty well. There’s a nice heft to the figure, although the articulation is a bit limited due to the structure and rubbery materials.

I’m disappointed with the lack of an accurate helmet/facemask sculpt. With 3D scanning nowadays, it’s inexcusable to have inaccuracies at this scale and price point. For it to be named “HYPERREAL,” accuracy is an absolute must.

The other thing that’s definitely annoying was the permanently bent rubbery lightsaber. Other than these issues, I’m pretty content with holding on to it.

Limited articulation, inaccurate helmet, cheap bendy materials ... it’s Hasbro, alright, but at a premium.

I collect all things vader, and this was an easy pass for me. Right off the bat the helmet killed it. In the before time, Jakks made these wwf figures with ball joint frames under a skin. i left them boxed, and watched them melt away. At 80 bucks i do not need a wire framed blob in 10 years.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast