Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Fair 2019 - Feb 16-19th

Toy Fair 2019 - Feb 16-19th

Toy Fair 2019 (Feb 16-19th) isn't far away, what would you like to see Hasbro reveal for the Star Wars 5POA line?

Discuss any Toy Fair 5POA news here.

It would be nice if Solo Wave 4 weren't the last wave of figures for that film. Some more aliens and droids would be a welcome sight.

I'm curious about all the regular reveals/exclusives but I'm more intrigued by the new Galaxy of Adventure line. Plus I want to see the fit-throwing that will likely ensue.
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManX View Post
    I'm curious about all the regular reveals/exclusives but I'm more intrigued by the new Galaxy of Adventure line. Plus I want to see the fit-throwing that will likely ensue.
    Yes. The total meltdown from people about a line that isn't catered to them it's going to epic theater.

I’m not as angry about the GoA line itself as I am the price. If the goal is to bring newer, younger collectors into the hobby the price must fit the product. There is no reason those can’t be between $6-$7 price point. That wil increase the chances of some parent picking it up for their kid on impulse. At $10 it becomes closer to the collector market price point than kids picking up a toy while shopping with mom and dad at Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by indysolo007 View Post
    Iím not as angry about the GoA line itself as I am the price. If the goal is to bring newer, younger collectors into the hobby the price must fit the product. There is no reason those canít be between $6-$7 price point. That wil increase the chances of some parent picking it up for their kid on impulse. At $10 it becomes closer to the collector market price point than kids picking up a toy while shopping with mom and dad at Walmart.
    I'm looking forward to the rumored new scale GoA line - not more of the current over priced repacks.

I'm sure a new scale will set fire to this place with riots and destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by HothHan View Post
    I'm looking forward to the rumored new scale GoA line - not more of the current over priced repacks.

Of course it will, because you know right out of the gate they will finally make a great ANH Luke lol

I'm most curious about this 5 inch line rumor. I don't think there will be that much uproar from collectors, many will simply ignore it or leave the hobby. I think most 3.75 collectors are just picking up a few TVC figures and basically going into hibernation until Episode IX. If they do discuss it, it will be interesting to hear what their rationale is - do they think parents and kids will be excited with the extra inch, making the new toys incompatible with their old ones? I think they're trying to create this new scale to drive a new audience...which isn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by darth_sidious View Post
    I'm most curious about this 5 inch line rumor. I don't think there will be that much uproar from collectors, many will simply ignore it or leave the hobby. I think most 3.75 collectors are just picking up a few TVC figures and basically going into hibernation until Episode IX. If they do discuss it, it will be interesting to hear what their rationale is - do they think parents and kids will be excited with the extra inch, making the new toys incompatible with their old ones? I think they're trying to create this new scale to drive a new audience...which isn't there.
    The new scale is to go with the more kid friendly marvel line. Hasbro has had success with the 5Ē scale avengers etc figures as an alternative to the 6Ē legends. And honestly, for kids they are pretty decent figures. As someone who bought superhero figures as a kid (namely batman) I would have been all over this line of figures. They arenít as articulated as marvel legends but they have ball socket shoulders, hinge elbows and I think hinge knees. I think they have wrist articulation as well. Not sure...but they are a good compromise line.

I personally think 3.75Ē line is pretty much dead...itíll live on in TVC and possibly as a collector only online offering.

Quote Originally Posted by HothHan View Post

Even more intriguing is the vehicles and beasts that are coming out for that line for under 20 bucks.
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast