Thread: Figures and mismatched Accessories

Figures and mismatched Accessories

How do you guys feel about displaying your figures with mismatched accessories? It might be heresy to some of you; but I have a few figures with swapped accessories to better suit my joy concerning my own private collection. For examples:

1. My Bespin Luke has a blue ROTJ Luke saber.
    2. My Bespin Han has a "correct" Smuggler's Blaster.
    3. My Rebel Soldier has the Rebel Commander's Rifle.
    4. My Rebel Commander has the Rebel Soldier's Bespin Blaster.
    5. I have a blue Kenobi saber standing by for when I get a First 12 Luke.

Again, this is for my own personal enjoyment and nothing else. Anyone else have anything swapped out to better suit your own aesthetic?
    "Evacuate? In our moment of triumpth? I think you overestimate their chances!"

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper1138 View Post
    How do you guys feel about displaying your figures with mismatched accessories? It might be heresy to some of you; but I have a few figures with swapped accessories to better suit my joy concerning my own private collection. For examples:

Again, this is for my own personal enjoyment and nothing else. Anyone else have anything swapped out to better suit your own aesthetic?
    You've done exactly what we all wish Kenner would have done to begin with. It's all personal choice how you want to display them. Some of the weapons and accessory choices they made were inaccurate based on the info they had at the time. Personally, I keep mine with how Kenner issued them, entirely because of my purist OCD habit and I don't change my displays around with much frequency (mostly because the access within my figure case is a pain to swap things around in regularly). If it's easy to swap display set ups around I don't see any issue with mixing accessories in the same way you have listed. Even outside of keeping the figures more movie accurate, I've seen some pretty cool figures with mixed accessories. Like Admiral Ackbar rocking double rifles! As long as it's all original and no repros its all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper1138 View Post

Ideally I would like to have a figure display 100% with accurate and appropriate accessories (all near mint condition) kind of on a display shelf or shelves then maybe dioramas with vehicles (falcon, Death Star playset, etc.) with figures that are still in nice tight condition but a few blemishes and mismatched accessories would be okay in that area (and putting figures out of order as well, like Death Star Gunner (incomplete and maybe a little shoulder or buckle rub) sitting in the death star gunner chair-mint complete one would still be on the dedicated figure shelf though)

...i might even allow repros down there lol
    Last edited by aaronthebanker; 01-23-2019 at 02:06 PM.

i ve been thinking about it myself including giving hoth luke a blue saber but its going to take some doing getting the real deal. right now green light sabers are going for 50$ on ebay and same with blue ones
    lando's not a man he's a power blaster

When I come across duplicates not only do they get the more accurate weapon, i often paint them if they are wrong. Such as Han solo who now has blue pants and a yavin medal.

It's your collection, and your display, feel free to do whatever you want to do. Me personally, because of my OCD, wouldn't be able to do such a thing however.

I have them displayed with the weapon Kenner gave them. It's been a goal for me to acquire another set of Luke figures and set them up in a shadow box with the weapons they SHOULD have had. It's just way to expensive right now for the two additional blue sabers I will need to do so.

I display all of mine with the weapons etc that they came with. I collect vintage Star Wars figures. I don’t collect recreations of a movie. I don’t collect what should be, should have been, or could have been. To each there own, great thing about this hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ121 View Post
    I have them displayed with the weapon Kenner gave them. It's been a goal for me to acquire another set of Luke figures and set them up in a shadow box with the weapons they SHOULD have had. It's just way to expensive right now for the two additional blue sabers I will need to do so.
    I like that idea of having a separate spot for the "Kenner should'ves". Hope you don't mind if I steal that idea too. Good way to differentiate the collection for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by WampasGottaEat2 View Post
    I like that idea of having a separate spot for the "Kenner should'ves". Hope you don't mind if I steal that idea too. Good way to differentiate the collection for sure!

No, by all means! Feel free to do the same. I might turn my attention back to this little side project. I already have a Tatooine Luke with the blue Obi-Wan saber. It's the Hoth and the Bespin Luke figures that are gonna be tough to get the sabers for.