Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BrickLink AFOL Designer Program

The only ones that jump out at me are the Lego Story and Old West Saloon sets. They could very well get support from me!

The crowdfunding stage has begun. Looks like it's going to last a little over two months.

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/crowdproject/main.page
    There is a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in
    - Leonard Cohen

Funding is going well. I'd like to put some money into The LEGO Story but $100 is more than I can afford.

Of all the entries, the Vintage Roadster is probably the most clever. The wheel arches are incredible.
    LEGO Star Wars content manager - Rebelscum
    LEGO Star Wars forum administrator - Rebelscum
    RLFM Representative - LEGO Ambassador Network

Yeah, honestly these are all a bit more costly than anticipated.

I agree with the thought that these are more expensive than would be hoped - particularly given that there are no IPs to pay for. Maybe the 10% going to the creator is tacked on at the end, essentially creating a licensing fee of sorts? I will say that the weight of a set is much more indicative of price than a piece count. I don't see a ton of greebling on that castle, but there are other sets that seem to have plenty of small pieces, and they still come in around 10 cents/piece.

It looks to me like most all of these sets will be funded by the cutoff date. I had initially wanted to support all of these sets, but that would be just shy of $1500. No way that's happening. But I'm definitely going to drop a healthy chunk of change on several of these sets. More than anything, I want to support the idea of this program, as I'd love to see Lego support another program beyond Ideas where fan designs can become legitimate sets.
    - Leonard Cohen

Bumping this up for those that might be interested. Just over a month to go in the pre-order/crowdfunding phase. Most all sets have been guaranteed production, and I would estimate only three of the sets are not going to make it: Clovershire Castle, Viking Ship Mosaic and Poseidonia.

For those not overly familiar with this program, the sets that go into production will be limited to 2500 sets produced at most. At the rate the sets are selling, there is significant conjecture that Lowenstein Castle, and perhaps the Saloon, will sell out before this phase is over. Just a word of warning in case anyone around here is planning to buy one of those.
    - Leonard Cohen

Just a reminder. Less than one week left to pre-order any of these sets.
    - Leonard Cohen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12