Thread: MWC No More??

MWC No More??

I'm sure I'm very late to the ball game here but anyway.......

So this morning I grab some coffee and look at my wish list of GG mini busts and decide to start hitting some my old familiar websites from the guys I haven't bought from in awhile. (Have not bought a mini bust in a year or so)....... I believe a $35 FO Stormtrooper was the last one from Gamestop around Dec 2017...and yes he was yellowed but for $35 I'm ok with that!

I would say at least half (maybe more) of my collection was purchased from Most Wanted Collectibles since I always had great service, found good prices and had an all-around happy customer feel with them. Then it hit hard...wait...what? MWC is no longer around? That's a real bummer! Maybe I should have been visiting their page a bit more and bought a few more items!

Since I am out of the loop with the stores out there and with what I said about MWC, who is YOUR Most Wanted Collectibles? I'd like to check out some other sites and find the same great service as I did with MWC.
    Last edited by Maxattack106; 01-19-2019 at 09:51 AM.
    Tauntauns are cool....get it??

Max, I'd say check out BBTS.com, TFAW.com and Manofactionfigures.com
    - The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge -

My Feedback , My Collection

Unfortunately in the uk most places have either closed down too or just stopped selling Gentle Giant products, Forbidden Planet sell everything but at overly inflated prices really so it’s cheaper for me to buy direct & has been for a few years now.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Quote Originally Posted by kevb0977 View Post
    Unfortunately in the uk most places have either closed down too or just stopped selling Gentle Giant products, Forbidden Planet sell everything but at overly inflated prices really so it’s cheaper for me to buy direct & has been for a few years now.
    Hi Kev,
    I used to drop into Forbidden Planet quite often in the years I lived in London. They were always up their in price but did manage to get most of the releases.
    They did have good sale prices though if you managed to time it right. Usual blind luck getting it right though.
    I remember dropping in for 'a look' and seeing the tie pilot busts on the shelf, that were newly released at the time, with a 'black three' variant hiding in their midst. Was pretty happy with them that day.

Modelzone used to have a good range of the Gentle Giant busts, are they still around?

Unfortunately Model Zone went bust in 2013, WH Smith’s bought the brand & sell some models in their shops but there’s no Model Zone shops anymore unfortunately. So many retailers selling this sort of stuff have disappeared, it’s sad really because it removes all competition & we’re left being charged whatever those left want to change. Zavvi (formerly Virgin Megastore) have just an online shop now & sell a few busts at reasonable prices but they don’t always get them in stock so preordering can mean nothing, I’ve ended up with several cancelled orders from them so I don’t bother anymore. There was another uk retailer I saw recently advertising mini-busts but the prices were like Forbidden Planet so I’ve not bothered recalling who it was, maybe if they have a sale it’ll pop into my brain & stay. lol
    "Look Sir, Droids"

I hardly buy collectibles anymore (Thanks to looking for "found parts" for my Fett build) but BigBadToyStore has been awesome for the 15 years I've been using them.
    "He's no good to me dead."-Boba Fett

Fleet Admiral

I agree with LS & Buda. BBTS has been good. I've also had good dealing with Entertainment Earth and Razor's Edge. Razor's Edge isn't far from me so things always seem to arrive quicker.
    "Who's scruffy looking!?!?"

Agreed. I forgot to mention Razor's Edge in my previous post. A well established and serious place to buy your collectibles.
    - The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge -

My Feedback , My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post
    Agreed. I forgot to mention Razor's Edge in my previous post. A well established and serious place to buy your collectibles.
    Razors is my go to for any collectible, Mike takes good care of you there.
    PSN: BloodOps
    "I used to believe that being a good soldier meant doing everything they told you. That's how they engineered us. But we're not droids. We're not programmed. You have to learn to make your own decisions. "

BBTS for me. Been using them for probably over 15 years.
    TK/TB/CC/ST-5400 - Feedback
    Facebook Page: Deathstar's Random - YouTube Channel: Deathstar's Random
    Join the Anime thread!