Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: What's your collecting system?

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by WampasGottaEat2 View Post
    For me I poured about 75% of my energy into completing the first 79 figures so that I could leave about 25% of my funds for side quests like minis, vehicles, paper goods, etc. Now that I've checked those off the list I've been onto the last 17 (loose). When I started with the last 17 I was starting from the bottom with the cheap ones, but after a couple figures changed my strategy and started going from the top down. Checked off pop up R2 at the end of last year and now it's a toss up between Yak and Stormy luke. I'm probably going Luke honestly. Even with the last 17 adventure underway, I still leave about 25% of my spending funds for other side quests. It's slower, but I'm hoping that by knocking off the big ones at first they will hopefully get easier to pick up as I go.

    Update: I've had to save up for a while now, but my strategy is paying off. Over the weekend I bought a super minty Stormy Luke w/ his TRUE black blaster. No repros, EVER. He's on his way here as we speak. Mr. Yak, your next in my cross hairs!

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by WampasGottaEat2 View Post
    Update: I've had to save up for a while now, but my strategy is paying off. Over the weekend I bought a super minty Stormy Luke w/ his TRUE black blaster. No repros, EVER. He's on his way here as we speak. Mr. Yak, your next in my cross hairs!
    Excellent, Wampa. I'm glad you achieved your prestigious goal! It's such an awesome feeling! I'm still coming down from the wondrous feeling of scoring a minty Imperial Dignitary last night; so I know where you're coming from; though your score is of course a much rarer, more difficult to find, pricier prize!
    "Evacuate? In our moment of triumpth? I think you overestimate their chances!"

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper1138 View Post
    Excellent, Wampa. I'm glad you achieved your prestigious goal! It's such an awesome feeling! I'm still coming down from the wondrous feeling of scoring a minty Imperial Dignitary last night; so I know where you're coming from; though your score is of course a much rarer, more difficult to find, pricier prize!
    I just needed to bite the bullet and do it. It had to happen eventually. Better now I suppose than when I can tell a repro black blaster from an original.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by WampasGottaEat2 View Post
    Update: I've had to save up for a while now, but my strategy is paying off. Over the weekend I bought a super minty Stormy Luke w/ his TRUE black blaster. No repros, EVER. He's on his way here as we speak. Mr. Yak, your next in my cross hairs!
    no doubt yak face is now frozen in fear waving his hands about and not helping jabba at all once he hears you are after him
    which now that i brought it up why was he just having a panic attack instead of helping jabba?
    you know if all the aliens werent running around in circles (why not luke was outside and only leia and r2 were inside during the battle) they could have pulled her off jabba and saved him.
    but as we know from tales from jabbas palace half the palace wanted him dead so.....
    lando's not a man he's a power blaster

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadesfire133336b View Post
    no doubt yak face is now frozen in fear waving his hands about and not helping jabba at all once he hears you are after him
    which now that i brought it up why was he just having a panic attack instead of helping jabba?
    you know if all the aliens werent running around in circles (why not luke was outside and only leia and r2 were inside during the battle) they could have pulled her off jabba and saved him.
    but as we know from tales from jabbas palace half the palace wanted him dead so.....

    Just like any real life crime organization, the muscle guys only hang around the boss while the money is there and the situation is good. They have no loyalty. They only have their own self interest. Boba was the only one there that did a good job making that clear. It's all about the shmoney!!

  6. #16
    yep and poor boba got the worst death of the bunch although the comic series was worse.
    did you know that in the 70s comics boba got out of the sarlacc had amnesia and sort of teamed with han only to get his memory back at the worst time then he ended up dying as a runaway sandcrawler crashes into the sarlacc and explodes. which to me is stupider and more pointless than the movie death.
    lando's not a man he's a power blaster

  7. #17
    No system for me. I was and still am sort of all over the place. Building my set of figures, it was whatever came along, and however it happened. I shift focus on figures, then vehicles, then back to figures, then trying to get the handful of parts I need to complete those vehicles and so on. I check facebook groups, craig's list and ebay all the time. If If something catches my eye, I'll try for it. I'm missing some playsets and a couple vehicles from the complete Kenner run, and sometimes I spend a few weeks looking and trying to get one of those. I basically never know what I'm going to add to my collection until the deal is done. LOL

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadesfire133336b View Post
    yep and poor boba got the worst death of the bunch although the comic series was worse.
    did you know that in the 70s comics boba got out of the sarlacc had amnesia and sort of teamed with han only to get his memory back at the worst time then he ended up dying as a runaway sandcrawler crashes into the sarlacc and explodes. which to me is stupider and more pointless than the movie death.
    The official canon, for a while anyways until Disney wiped out the Expanded Universe, was different in a novel. He blasted his way out of the Sarlacc, but was badly wounded and nearly died. Dengar saves him and helps him get back on his feet. With the interest of money in mind, of course.

  9. #19
    oh i know but the comic version was so stupid i had to share the eu is still canon for me
    dj sounds like what i do. i just get on ebay and hunt toys and see what comes up. like just now i scored big found a mint jedi luke with palace blaster and snap cloak for 40$ alittle more than i usually pay but it saves money this way.
    lando's not a man he's a power blaster

  10. #20
    My collecting system goes like this:
    When I see it, do I want it?
    If yes, can I afford it?
    If yes, shall I buy it?
    If yes, home it goes!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •