Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
Results 201 to 209 of 209

Thread: Do You Think EP9 Should Be a 2 Parter? YOUR VIEW OUT OF 10

  1. #201
    https://memes.yarn.co/yarn-clip/1dd9...0-28e1a386b50d

    An analogy:

    VF: "Everybody loves cheese"
    Everybody: "But it was rotten"
    VF: "But you bought it so you must must love it, therefore everybody loves cheese"
    Everybody: "We didn't know it was rotten until we opened the packet, though"
    VF: "So you love cheese. By the way you also enjoy jetskiing. What do you mean I never mentioned that? Can't you read Cuneiform?"
    Last edited by darthsatan; 02-20-2019 at 06:02 PM.
    May you live in interesting times.

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by darthsatan View Post
    https://memes.yarn.co/yarn-clip/1dd9...0-28e1a386b50d

    An analogy:

    VF: "Everybody loves cheese"
    Everybody: "But it was rotten"
    VF: "But you bought it so you must must love it, therefore everybody loves cheese"
    Everybody: "We didn't know it was rotten until we opened the packet, though"
    VF: "So you love cheese. By the way you also enjoy jetskiing. What do you mean I never mentioned that? Can't you read Cuneiform?"
    It would more be like


    Vf. People like this new cheese
    Seals no I hate it and so does everyone else
    Vf really because people bought more of this cheese then any other cheese last year
    Seals - that's cause they didn't know it was bad.
    VF then why did they buy more of it to take home. More then any other type of cheese ?

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by CellBlock1138 View Post
    The release date has nothing to do with the failure of 'Solo'. That was built in before the script was even finished or the first camera started rolling.

    The problem was the concept, which nobody cared for.
    Agree with that but I do say releasing it while Black Panther and Avengers 3 are still in theater with only what 3 months after the trailer hurt it as well.

    If they had waited to December especially this December when there wasnt a big blockbuster it would have done better.

    Families ie the largest audience for Star Wars and marvel only have so much money to spend.

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by BoneFett View Post
    hmmm … certain times of the year?

    https://www.boxofficemojo.com/franch...rvelcomics.htm

    If by certain times of the year you mean 10 different months out of 12 … then yes.

    But you didn't mean that did you?

    Which of those movies suffered because of bad release date?

    Waiting for you to admit you are wrong.
    MCU movies only come out during certain times of the year.

    I never said a MCU movie suffered because of a bad release date because marvel is very careful when they release movies.


    With the exception of Black Panther (black history month)

    MCU movies aren't released in
    January
    February
    March
    September
    October
    December


    Only one has been released in April
    And one in August.
    So yes MCU movies only released during very specific months.
    Last edited by Vicarious_Fan; 02-20-2019 at 06:51 PM.

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious_Fan View Post
    You just can't admit to be wrong can you?

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by BoneFett View Post
    You just can't admit to be wrong can you?
    Oh my what goal post did I shift? I said marvel movies those are the MCU movies only come out during specific times of the year. I was right you were wrong

    But please go on.

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious_Fan View Post
    Agree with that but I do say releasing it while Black Panther and Avengers 3 are still in theater with only what 3 months after the trailer hurt it as well.

    If they had waited to December especially this December when there wasnt a big blockbuster it would have done better.

    Families ie the largest audience for Star Wars and marvel only have so much money to spend.
    No.

    People can see more than one or two movies a two or three month period.

    'Solo' failed because nobody gave a **** and were willing to wait til it got to Blu or Netflix.

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by CellBlock1138 View Post
    No.

    People can see more than one or two movies a two or three month period.

    'Solo' failed because nobody gave a **** and were willing to wait til it got to Blu or Netflix.
    Yes they can no one said they couldn't but families do not.


    There are multiple studies on the viewing habbits of familes.

    The majority of familes only go to the movies or or two times a year.

    Spend $60 on just tickets for a family of 5 or spend $5 on Redbox.


    I agree the biggest factor of Solo was making a movie no one asked for or wanted. But releasing it after Avengers and Black Panther was dumb and made it worse.

  9. #209
    Families can see multiple films throughout the year and do.

    Solo's release date means nothing. It's just a Disney damage control statement that's parroted.

    Simply put...people didn't go because nobody cared enough to.

    Everything else is just bunkum.
    Last edited by CellBlock1138; 02-20-2019 at 08:52 PM.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •