Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Focus Collecting

When I finished my loose vintage figure run and (almost) all the creatures and vehicles I did like the look of other collectors focuses and fancied doing one myself.

After a bit of thinking I went for Zuckuss as he was the first figure I got as a kid in 1982 and brings back great memories.

I collect vintage and modern for him. My vintage fockuss has a few carded figures, Lili Ledy cardback and graded loose, Revenge of the Jedi proofcard and some polish bootlegs.

When it comes to character focus, mine is Yoda - I have nearly every figure ever made of him - from vintage to modern. It is born from my absolute love of the Kenner figure, and the character in general. I have a mint / complete vintage figure as well as both of the vintage figures of him I had as a kid. I have almost every modern 3.75 version of him released, and even dipped my toe into the 12 inch line when they released him a couple years ago. I'd still like to own a carded Kenner figure.

My other focus has been the animated Droids & Ewoks figures - from both Kenner and Comics Spain. I have a complete set of Comics Spain plus some variants, full set of Ewoks, and I'm still working on the Droids line. In general, my Kenner focus has always been aliens, as they are the most memorable from my childhood.

Since the 90's re-launch, my Star Wars focus has been the Sith Lords, Royal Guards, the 6 bounty hunters, and, originally, Hoth-based Imperials such as Snowtroopers, AT-AT Drivers, Veers, the AT-ST, Probot and E-WEB. But over the years my "trooper" focus shifted to Biker Scouts and the camo-clones from Kashyyyk. Definitely a fan of white Speeder Bikes with "snow" Biker Scouts for some reason lol. My favorite ships have always been Slave 1, the TIE Bomber and the Sith Interceptor.

Since 2015, I've added some First Order troops, my favorites being the Praetorian and Flametrooper, and of course the Dark Side users such as Kylo Ren and Snoke.

I sold off my Star Wars and GI Joe vehicles about a year ago to make space and streamline my collection, but regretted it, so now I'm back in.

I started collecting a whole set of extra Vintage weapons and accessories. I have nearly two complete sets with many of the main variations (and one of just the weapons), but am lacking a few of the more expensive items. I have just about everything else, though. If there was an inexpensive way to get original double telescoping sabers, a black Snowtrooper rifle, or a plastic Jawa cape, I'd love to know it (other than renting or owning a time machine).

I have wondered, though, about the "green" version of the Rebel Commando rifle. Has anyone seen one? While I doubt their existence, I would have also doubted the black version of the Chief Chirpa staff until I managed to find one.

Quote Originally Posted by Raamyah View Post
    I started collecting a whole set of extra Vintage weapons and accessories. I have nearly two complete sets with many of the main variations (and one of just the weapons), but am lacking a few of the more expensive items. I have just about everything else, though. If there was an inexpensive way to get original double telescoping sabers, a black Snowtrooper rifle, or a plastic Jawa cape, I'd love to know it (other than renting or owning a time machine).

I have wondered, though, about the "green" version of the Rebel Commando rifle. Has anyone seen one? While I doubt their existence, I would have also doubted the black version of the Chief Chirpa staff until I managed to find one.
    There is a way to get all those DT sabers and a jawa cape “relatively” inexpensive. I mean all one has to do is hit a powerball lotto- relative to your tens of millions; 4-5000?? for a Ben DT saber is peanuts!
    Sadly thats the only option. Cool focus though!

US 12 backs are my current focus. Interesting to learn all the variants that exist and how new ones still keep popping up. Lots of stuff hidden in plain sight at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a bunch of stuff from Kenner to Hasbro to the Unleased to the Animated Maquettes to the Disney Store 6 inch figures. I have focused more on the Kenner of late as I am finding them in weird places. I am doing the Vintage Style Sequel figures like Rey, Luke and Kylo. I still for the life of me I have no idea why they didn't do a Han and Leia Force Awakens vintage style. We get a thousand troopers, but two of the most important people in the entire run. I am also shocked by the lack of Darth Vader and Tarkin Rogue One figures. Hasbro is really smart and stupid at the same time.

Right now, I am about done with my Kenner line. I am looking at a Chewie with come apart 3PO. I also need an extra Endor Han and Darth Vader for showcasing. After that, I really only need POTF figures which OMG. I did see Endor Luke and Stromtrooper Luke go for under $100, so there is hope. I am also looking for some Maquette statues as they used to be dirt cheap, but are now moving up. I think after this year, I may focus on seeing if I can get the Vintage Sail Barrage loose or invest in getting some better ways to display those figures on top of the other figure lines that are all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by WampasGottaEat2 View Post
    Wow brother, it sounds like you've got your focus dialed in! Stay on the hunt, there's an Aussie Orange out there with your name on it. Have you done any baggied farmboys or checked off the early bird set yet?
    LoL, months later, I'm just seeing these replies. Yeah, I've got a DT Early Bird Kit (DT baggie has a few small slits), and a second kit that I have a Luke non-DT baggie for already, but need the other 3 figures. Also have Popy set, and a Obi-Wan/Luke/3PO/R2 4 packs. I've been a bit leery of going too far down the baggie road because of all the fakes that have been popping up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadesfire133336b View Post
    hey teach42 if any of those farm lukes need a home i could use one.
    Ha! I don't deliberately try to go out of my way to try to mass-purchase all the Farmboys, but if I ever find any in the wild, they don't frequently leave my house. And if they do, the lightsabers NEVER do. LOL. I never seem to have enough sabers!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345