Thread: Dark Blue Dome R2-D2 with Made in Taiwan COO

Dark Blue Dome R2-D2 with Made in Taiwan COO

I have a real nice loose Dark Blue Dome R2-D2 that I would like to get graded. I was taking a closer look at him, and his COO reads "Made in Taiwan". For some reason that struck me odd. I was under the impression that the Dark Blue Dome only had the Made in Hong Kong COO. Do I have a dome switch here? Can someone confirm for deny that the Dark Blue Dome came with a Made in Taiwan COO?

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadMotivator View Post
    I have a real nice loose Dark Blue Dome R2-D2 that I would like to get graded. I was taking a closer look at him, and his COO reads "Made in Taiwan". For some reason that struck me odd. I was under the impression that the Dark Blue Dome only had the Made in Hong Kong COO. Do I have a dome switch here? Can someone confirm for deny that the Dark Blue Dome came with a Made in Taiwan COO?
    A normal taiwan dome is a darker shade of blue than the normal HK r2 however is is not the same as the "dark blue" dome R2.

I suppose it's possible someone swapped domes... but that would not have been done at the factory. Would need to see a picture

So, taking pictures is something I'm apparently not good at. But here you go. I guess I didn't know there was a light blue, dark blue, and dark dark blue. I have a lighter blue and this one is obviously darker, so that's what I thought I had. And the head does click. Thoughts?

Doing a bump so everyone can see I added some pics. Thanks!

Looks like a normal taiwan to me

Cool, thanks! I will send him to AFA I think. So, the Dark Blue Dome Early Bird is even Darker, but with a Hong Kong COO?

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadMotivator View Post
    Cool, thanks! I will send him to AFA I think. So, the Dark Blue Dome Early Bird is even Darker, but with a Hong Kong COO?
    Dark blue is nearly approaching a deep purple. Look at the large scale kenner r2. Its like that in the examples i have seen

Quote Originally Posted by aaronthebanker View Post
    Dark blue is nearly approaching a deep purple. Look at the large scale kenner r2. Its like that in the examples i have seen
    I checked out some pics on Ebay. I think i see what you mean. It looks like the red dot is a little sloppy on those as well.