Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian Show - 6" TBS figures

Yeah I couldn't agree they were wasted. It wasn't his movie but that's some of the best combat we've seen in SW.
    Without being over the top it definitely made him special within the universe. Wish we saw more but again it wasn't his movie. Donnie Yen was the one who asked of he could be blind which added something we hadn't seen on screen and made his character more ******, at least in my opinion.

Rest in Peace Drewe Henley.
    Does the Cantina interest you?

Visit the Cantina Crazies Center! -
    B/S/T Feedback!

Yeah, they just had him hit some Stormtroopers with a stick, then spent the rest of the movie shooting his weird crossbow-blaster thing. Total waste. Everyone knows he was supposed to break out a lightsaber staff and have a nice match with Vader.

I don't think he was "wasted", but having him beat up a squad of stormtroopers with a stick was silly.

Quote Originally Posted by CellBlock1138 View Post
    I don't think he was "wasted", but having him beat up a squad of stormtroopers with a stick was silly.

I agree entirely, a guy beating up fully armored gun toting soldiers with a staff is ridiculous, especially when the guy is blind. If they wanted to show his martial arts skills, they should have had him stomping a pack of ruffians that where carrying clubs and bare fists, not armed troopers. I considered that entire sequence including the part where Baze mowed down all those troopers while Chirrut stood right in the middle of them without being shot to be a massive blemish on an otherwise near flawless movie.
    TK-114
    Imperial Stormcustomizer
    Alias: Net-Viper X
    Check out my website to see more Star Wars customs. My Rebel Scum Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TK114 View Post
    I agree entirely, a guy beating up fully armored gun toting soldiers with a staff is ridiculous, especially when the guy is blind. If they wanted to show his martial arts skills, they should have had him stomping a pack of ruffians that where carrying clubs and bare fists, not armed troopers. I considered that entire sequence including the part where Baze mowed down all those troopers while Chirrut stood right in the middle of them without being shot to be a massive blemish on an otherwise near flawless movie.

I thought he was supposed to be force sensitive? If not you can just believe he is and it makes the scene easier to view.
    Be careful not to choke on your aspirations, Director...

My Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TK114 View Post
    I think what they were trying to do was capture that Blind Samurai gibberish.

I love 'Rogue One' though, I consider it the finest thing Star Wars since 1983. But there are parts that I clench my teeth at. Chirrut's silliness and Jyn's stick wielding nonsense too. There's just absolutely no need for any of that crap.

Quote Originally Posted by TK1981 View Post
    I thought he was supposed to be force sensitive? If not you can just believe he is and it makes the scene easier to view.
    Yeh, I have to look at Chirrut as a kind of Force layman, as it were. Not quite a Jedi, but a journeyman possessing some skill in the ways of the Force. It's the only thing that can make his blind "sight" make any sense.

Being blind is a handicap. It's not a superpower.

But, even so, it still looks silly. The stormtroopers are wearing armour. That stick isn't going to do a damn thing to them.

But, even so, it still looks silly. The stormtroopers are wearing armour. That stick isn't going to do a damn thing to them.
    I do agree 100% with this. You could literally see pieces of the armor breaking off by being hit with a stick which just didn't fly with me.
    Be careful not to choke on your aspirations, Director...

My Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Verbal21 View Post
    And him surviving the Sarlacc is nowhere near as ridiculous as Maul or anyone else surviving an on-screen death.
    That much I can agree with. Maul was sliced in two, and fell down a shaft. Boba simply fall into a pit, but his demise was never actually shown. Of the two, Boba surviving is a little more believable.

But still, having him appear would just be fan service. And probably not as well received as they might think.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by TK1981 View Post
    Well.. that is one big canonical inconsistency, if I have understood things right...

TLJ: You just have to believe you can do great things, and it's possible. Because everyone is the force.
    R1: the guardians of the force/whills - who else believe more in the power of the force? And yet they are nothing like a Jedi.

It's almost like the usual religious bs when something bad happens, the "victim" is "being tested in their faith"

Or have they retconned that with some kind of out-of-their-way explanation?
    "Without respect - we reject!"

My custom Hoth Rebel Turret thread

I'm hoping they finally debut this figure at SDCC in a couple weeks. I'm pretty sure I'll be buying everyone from this show.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast