Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thrawn: Treason by Timoth Zahn

Thrawn: Treason by Timoth Zahn

I just preordered this. Great cover.

so I am assuming there will be a SDCC exclusive cover with no text so the Trilogy will all have matching SDCC covers?
    But...it is written if the Evil Spirit arms the Tiger with claws, Brahman provided wings for the Dove...Thus spoke the Super Guru

Great cover! I'm definitely planning to get Thrawn: Treason in HC, but will wait until it goes down in price - since it's scheduled to be released as a HC in late July 2019, hopefully it'll be reduced in price before it's later released in PB. I typically collect new SW books in HC only, if possible.

I only have the first Thrawn novel, so still need to get Thrawn: Alliances. Once I read both of them (not anytime soon), I'll look into getting the third novel.
    Last edited by ThallJoben; 12-29-2018 at 02:36 PM.

The third one already, man this guy writes books faster than I can read them!
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Yeah, Zahn is definitely a prolific writer. All three Thrawn books have been (or will be) released about a year apart (April 2017, July 2018, and the forthcoming third novel in July 2019).

This is similar to the length of time it took Zahn's initial three Star Wars novels to be released between 1991 & 1993 (HTTE, DFR, and TLC).
    Last edited by ThallJoben; 12-29-2018 at 12:21 AM.

Fleet Admiral

One has to wonder if he has any other projects in the works.
    "Who's scruffy looking!?!?"

Maybe it's just me, but I haven't loved the last two Thrawn novels. They've been a bit dull, for lack of a better word.

Fleet Admiral

An excerpt that I'm sure most, if not all of us have seen.

Grand Admiral Thrawn faces the ultimate test of his loyalty to the Empire in this epic Star Wars novel from bestselling author Timothy Zahn.

“If I were to serve the Empire, you would command my allegiance.”

Such was the promise Grand Admiral Thrawn made to Emperor Palpatine at their first meeting. Since then, Thrawn has been one of the Empire’s most effective instruments, pursuing its enemies to the very edges of the known galaxy. But as keen a weapon as Thrawn has become, the Emperor dreams of something far more destructive.

Now, as Thrawn’s TIE defender program is halted in favor of Director Krennic’s secret Death Star project, he realizes that the balance of power in the Empire is measured by more than just military acumen or tactical efficiency. Even the greatest intellect can hardly compete with the power to annihilate entire planets.

As Thrawn works to secure his place in the Imperial hierarchy, his former protégé Eli Vanto returns with a dire warning about Thrawn’s homeworld. Thrawn’s mastery of strategy must guide him through an impossible choice: duty to the Chiss Ascendancy, or fealty to the Empire he has sworn to serve. Even if the right choice means committing treason.
    "Who's scruffy looking!?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by The_Chosen_1 View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I haven't loved the last two Thrawn novels. They've been a bit dull, for lack of a better word.
    I agree, although the first was much better and more interesting than Alliances. I have a few pages left of Alliances and it's been a bit underwhelming to say the least. His rendition of Darth Vader is a bit...strange, but at least Padmé was written decently.

July 23rd release date.
    "Only now, at the end, do you understand."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast