Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Custom 3 3/4 scale Tantive IV

Nice! This is coming along really fast and looking great!
    Member of the 62 POTF coin club!!
    My Trade Feedback has links to want and have trade lists.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I did more work today but I'm beat and will upload today's work plus next weeks work sometime next weekend. Yes to both speculations - buckets are working amazingly well right now! I needed something big, light and of course, cylindrical. The large sized Canadian Tire ones I was looking at and pondering over for a week before I said screw it, lets give'r a shot. I also wanted to do a sort of workable shell or skeleton of the overall haul of the ship. It seemed like if I had the basic geometries of the ship down, then I could work off that. The great part about it is that it can be broken down into pieces for easy transportation and set up due to a sturdy magnet system. And I'm hoping to implement them to it's completion. See you guys next week MTFBWY!

This is the new update for January 28. This includes work that was done over 3 separate days. Was wanting to expanded the floor space within the mid-section - because there is a LOT going on in there. Needed to make room for escape pod/ armored pod turret access ways along with the main hall which connects all areas like the computer room and access point where vader chokes out Antilles. On the 3rd deck, we have the conference forum, elevator as well as a hallway which extends to the L hallway and airlock. So there's going to be room for everything. The service corridor is also on deck 3 and that runs along the main L hallway. It took a little while to map all this out but it's going to look pretty cool!

The flooring for deck 2 is rough, just wanted to see if my floor plan would fit and played around with some ideas

Anyways, the work aside from the mid-ship expansion was work on the boarding/cargo ramp and also work on the airlock and heights for decks. While this is smaller than it should be, there was an agreeable compromise with the width and height for the main "L" hallway access. It looks good and will be even better when it's lit and the walls containing the power component boxes are fitted.

Last edited by cyborg_jawa; 01-28-2019 at 06:14 PM.

Just a quick word on updates - been very busy these past few weeks. The tricky part is getting areas accessible for wiring without having to gut anything to redo something. So lots of planning before anything becomes concrete. Engines have been started and the cluster will be beautiful and MASSIVE. Landing gear are worked out on paper and will be strong and sturdy. Will be back on the horse soon. Endless thanks to those who are interested in this exciting project - can't wait to get started again! Later

Quote Originally Posted by cyborg_jawa View Post
    Just a quick word on updates - been very busy these past few weeks. The tricky part is getting areas accessible for wiring without having to gut anything to redo something. So lots of planning before anything becomes concrete. Engines have been started and the cluster will be beautiful and MASSIVE. Landing gear are worked out on paper and will be strong and sturdy. Will be back on the horse soon. Endless thanks to those who are interested in this exciting project - can't wait to get started again! Later
    Something this grand and serious is always exciting to follow! Can't wait for updates but take your time.
    "her arc is to actually get bored of being powerful" - MauLer on YT, A Critique of SWTLJ, p.3

My custom Hoth Rebel Turret thread

The “L” hallway looks really cool from the outside! Keep going!
    Did you enjoy my little storm, Ewoks?”—Morag the Tulgah Witch

Quote Originally Posted by cyborg_jawa View Post
    What's an "ANAL TIRE"?
    May you live in interesting times.

Ahhhhhh.......I think it's Canadian Tire. Pretty funny though. Love to see scale builds. Keep the updates coming!
    " what is to gain by partaking in a thread that does not concern/interest you. Say I pass and move on it's that simple" MasterFett-Bastila Shan thread-2-14-11

Bumping this thread in the hope of an update on this incredible project.

Or, in the very least, an update on the anal tires.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123