Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Custom 3 3/4 scale Tantive IV

Quote Originally Posted by Utinniii View Post
    After Easter you need to buy a lot of giant Kinder Eggs for the capsules. You will need them!

That's a great idea - I was looking at the Maxi XL eggs Kinder has and I'm thinking they could do the trick. Just think they might be a tad to small. If there are bigger ones I will definitely get them. This was the idea for the basic form that I need;

Big enough for 2-3 characters and room enough for seats, console, viewport etc But I like those eggs, will def get my hands on some and see what I can do. Thanks!

An ambitious project, without doubt. Looking forward to seeing more.
    take a look at my Millennium Falcon project at: http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1003955

Quote Originally Posted by cyborg_jawa View Post
    That's a great idea - I was looking at the Maxi XL eggs Kinder has and I'm thinking they could do the trick. Just think they might be a tad to small. If there are bigger ones I will definitely get them. This was the idea for the basic form that I need;

Big enough for 2-3 characters and room enough for seats, console, viewport etc But I like those eggs, will def get my hands on some and see what I can do. Thanks!
    I was thinking they could be used for the interior, where Leia was and not escape pods.

Quote Originally Posted by rogue1 View Post
    An ambitious project, without doubt. Looking forward to seeing more.
    Thanks very much for your interest in the project! Looking forward to your thoughts. And fantastic work on the Falcon, you are truly inspiring!

Quote Originally Posted by Utinniii View Post
    I was thinking they could be used for the interior, where Leia was and not escape pods.
    Ah I see. The service corridor. I'll definitely keep them in mind when I get there. At any rate, thanks again!

Bam! New update coming at ya!

I'm gonna make the updates a weekly thing, maybe a Saturday or a Sunday since I don't work on those days. I also do most of my building on the weekend - so keep an eye out if you're interested in this project.
    OK on with the pics. I did a lot of work this weekend - I refined the bridge/hammerhead further and decided to open the top so there will be a LED mounted flip up canopy (there will also be one over the neck section as well (this is were the medical bay/bacta rehab will be - deck 3)

Also Started work on the mid section. Not satisfied with the size, but it's workable for now. Worked out were the mid-ship elevator will be - and this elevator will reach all decks, including liea's senator suite (deck 4) and also Engineering (deck 1 in belly) Thanks for checking out the project. See ya next week!

"Look at the size of that thing!"
    May you live in interesting times.

Here's a new update to the Rebel Blockade Runner custom vehicle;

Did a lot of work today - much of it still in the rough stages. But I think it's coming along nicely. The sheer size and room to work with within the haul I'm very happy with. Was kinda racing to get the main sections hammered out so they are recognizable and serviceable for now. I also came up with a magnet system and utilized that today by making the sections fit together and yield a very blockade runner feel to the overall haul already. It's sturdy, about 30 lbs and can be picked up as one piece without any problems. The magnets are VERY powerful. They should work fantastically with the weight I'm eventually adding to the overall build. Enjoy the pics, see you next week!

Was toying with canopy ideas and this was an idea I had for the one over the neck section - were I'd like to put a medical bay.

Forgot to upload a shot of the haul in it's entirety. Some of the pics are a tad blurry, apologies for that - was in a hurry to get stuff done and snapped some pics quickly. But pics will be better as I get into the detail and take my time. Bye for now!

Loving it! What a great use for buckets
    Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast