Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance

Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance

Very excited about this prequel debuting on Netflix. Canít wait to see Aughra and the skeksis back.

When does this debut? I am very excited to see this, now we need Netflix Willow sequel. Petition!!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lobotscomb View Post
    When does this debut? I am very excited to see this, now we need Netflix Willow sequel. Petition!!!! lol
    I would sign that petition. Twice.

It’s a 10-Episode series that will debut sometime in 2019. Jim Henson’s company, as well as Brian Froud, are heavily involved. The voice talent includes Mark Hamill, Anya Taylor-Joy, Alicia Vikander, Toby Jones, Jason Issacs, Helena Bonham-Carter, Natalie Dormer, and more too numerous to list.
    Last edited by jedisquared; 12-18-2018 at 01:39 PM.

Sounds interesting, seems like I've been waiting for this for much longer than possible. Announced a year ago, but feels like it's been five.

Also, i can assume that since he wasn't listed in the top ten. That Andy's Circus isn't involved?

This is one of the reasons I really like Netflix. Be nice if they were to resurrect several older shows, such as Babylon 5 Movie or Farscape.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

It’s strictly puppetry...not motion capture, as far as I understand what I’ve read...or were you speculating about Andy Serkis providing a voice?

Those still shots alone look fantastic. I've loved DC for ages, and I'm so happy to see this revival. I thought when they introduced the action figures and comic series that would be as good as it gets, but this is on another level. Since the screenplay for Power of the Dark Crystal was started and stopped so many times, and dragged out ad nauseam, I never believed we'd see this world explored on screen again. I'm looking forward to this series just as much as Episode IX!

Many of us feel the same way
    Quote Originally Posted by darth_sidious View Post
    Those still shots alone look fantastic. I've loved DC for ages, and I'm so happy to see this revival. I thought when they introduced the action figures and comic series that would be as good as it gets, but this is on another level. Since the screenplay for Power of the Dark Crystal was started and stopped so many times, and dragged out ad nauseam, I never believed we'd see this world explored on screen again. I'm looking forward to this series just as much as Episode IX!

From left to right: Looking like the typical 1st-year Liberal Arts stoner at any given American college; looks like a CG-Kim K as a Gelfling; finallyó creepy, otherworldly and still rightfully ancient. Very true to Jimís puppetry aesthetic and Brianís artistic style for that world. More of #3, please. (Hoping it's all-new characters, and Aughra isn't back. Letís stop leaching onto the pastÖ)

Thanks jedisquared.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast