Thread: Probot playset question - Mine doesn't really stay well on stand

Probot playset question - Mine doesn't really stay well on stand

In addition to the stand being slightly bent -- which I hear can be corrected by putting it in boiling water -- my recent Turret Probot playset doesn't seem to want Mr. Probe Droid to afix very well to the top of the stand.

Anybody else have this issue? I suppose some clay could correct this problem. What are your solutions? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
    Matt

PS. Still prefer these forums to Facebook.

I've not displayed mine in awhile, but I used some of that clearish sticky gum that comes from the credit card companies - the stuff that sticks the plastic card to the paper backing.

Lots of people avoid using foreign substances on painted parts since it can react and destroy the paint. Since both the white plastic post and grey plastic of the probe droid weren't painted, and were pretty hidden anyway, I took the risk. I had it up for about a year and didn't seem to have a problem.
    Member of the 62 POTF coin club!!
    My Trade Feedback has links to want and have trade lists.

Mine doesn’t stay well either. I can get it to stay with some patience, but it’s always a little crooked.
    Wanted: Jawa sample proofs,a textured cape Leia, and any Boushh proofs. I'm also currently looking for a 21 ESB back Leia Organa proof. I have cash and many great trade items!
    My Feedback:http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1070625/

I don't think the intention was for it to mount very sturdy, because of the "Explode" feature. If it's not that sturdy on the post, it makes the action feature work better.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ121 View Post
    I don't think the intention was for it to mount very sturdy, because of the "Explode" feature. If it's not that sturdy on the post, it makes the action feature work better.
    ^^^^This^^^^ That's the impression I've always had too. It needs to sit loose so it'll pop off when triggered. The tooling could probably have been slightly better on the molds for the post and probot so that the fit was just so that the probot sat more upright and didn't lean so much, but its never bothered me to terribly. Iian over at GW Acrylic has the probot stands he makes with a cup-like tip to hold the probot and its a great fit.
    Last edited by WampasGottaEat2; 12-17-2018 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ121 View Post
    While I understand that, even starting the motion with the swivel jeopardizes mine falling off. Mine is that unstable.

Quote Originally Posted by buck16 View Post
    While I understand that, even starting the motion with the swivel jeopardizes mine falling off. Mine is that unstable.
    I would try straightening the stand and seeing if that helps at all. It'll always sit sort of precariously that little nub no matter what though.