Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Was Han Solo Able to Think While He Was Frozen in Carbonite?

Quote Originally Posted by CellBlock1138 View Post
    That sounds horrific. You'd lose your mind after 6 months of that.

I'm kind of happy that wasn't in the film. Nobody would wake up after that and start cracking jokes. Not even Han Solo.
    Hahaha! No kidding! I think it would kind of be crazy if Han Solo would have become a mental case over this whole thing!

I'd be bored to death the first week, without any music!
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    I'd be bored to death the first week, without any music!
    True, but if the block of carbonite you are frozen in was hanging in Jabba’s palace, if you’re lucky, you might get to hear the Max Rebo band playing through your carbonite encasement!

if all of Han's biological processes are slowed down in "hibernation", then it stands to reason he would be experiencing time at a different rate:
    if his heart is only beating once per hour (instead of twice per second) for example...then he would experience time at a rate of 1:7200
    (he might feel like he was 'awake' in the carbonite, for about an hour... but nine months would pass in the meantime).
    the quote in ROTJ about "one big wide awake nothing" does not account for the fact that his body is in a state of "hibernation" and is therefore experiencing "time" at a different rate.

and/or:

IF he was able to "think" then he would be doing it VERY slowly -- from his POV the entire time in carbonite was most likely just a matter of hours.
    Last edited by Cobalt60; 12-08-2018 at 01:33 PM.
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt60 View Post
    if all of Han's biological processes are slowed down in "hibernation", then it stands to reason he would be experiencing time at a different rate:
    if his heart is only beating once per hour (instead of twice per second) for example...then he would experience time at a rate of 1:7200
    (he might feel like he was 'awake' in the carbonite, for about an hour... but nine months would pass in the meantime).
    the quote in ROTJ about "one big wide awake nothing" does not account for the fact that his body is in a state of "hibernation" and is therefore experiencing "time" at a different rate.

and/or:

IF he was able to "think" then he would be doing it VERY slowly -- from his POV the entire time in carbonite was most likely just a matter of hours.
    I’ve never thought of it that way. That makes sense though. It’s like sleeping for a full 8 hours at night and when you wake up the next morning, you would have felt as though you’d only been asleep for an hour or so.

Your body has the same effect when you’re put under anesthesia for surgery. I remember when I had my spine straightened because of my scoliosis, my doctor said I was under for like 6 whole hours but I felt like he had just put me under minutes ago.

So if Luke, Leia, Lando, the droids, and Chewey took a year to go after Han...to Han, it felt like maybe a day or 2! Wow! Cool thought.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345