Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration 2019 Artists

Celebration 2019 Artists

I can't believe how many of the "regular" Celebration artists have not been asked back next year! Randy Martinez, Katie Cook, Grant Gould, Hugh Fleming, Jamie Snell, and other "big" names have all had their artwork rejected. Does this bring truth to the rumor that Disney/Lucasfilm is trying to phase out the Original Trilogy generation and just want to promote all the new stuff and cater to a younger audience? That would really suck if that were so. They shouldn't be ignoring the era that started it all.
    Hate leads to lollipops...
    Proud female Star Wars collector. Geek Chicks unite!
    My Trade Feedback

Wow no Katie Cook? Joe Hogan got rejected too.
    1993 1999 2013 GO NOLES!!

Where are you finding this info? Is there a list?
    Katie was already announced as attending as an author. I wonder if that had something to do with the decision? She can't be 2 places at once...
    Last edited by Hutt; 12-05-2018 at 01:36 PM.

No Joe Hogan is disappointing, was hoping he'd do a Clone print.
    PSN: BloodOps
    "I used to believe that being a good soldier meant doing everything they told you. That's how they engineered us. But we're not droids. We're not programmed. You have to learn to make your own decisions. "

Quote Originally Posted by Hutt View Post
    Where are you finding this info? Is there a list?
    Katie was already announced as attending as an author. I wonder if that had something to do with the decision? She can't be 2 places at once...
    Katie can be at her art booth most of the time and then step away for a signing or two. I personally didn’t see her post that she got declined but OP apparently did. Joe Hogan posted on Facebook that he was rejected. Hope Chris Trevas and Jerry Vanderstekt got accepted.

Katie's art was declined, yes. She posted about it.
    Hate leads to lollipops...
    Proud female Star Wars collector. Geek Chicks unite!
    My Trade Feedback

Add Lawerence Reynolds to the rejection list...

No Christian Waggoner - but he will still be appearing and have a booth.
    " Everybody breaks, everybody breaks sometimes...."

This show has become a joke. Thanks Disney, ya bozos.
    " Everybody breaks, everybody breaks sometimes...."

A few disappointments but I'm sure there will still be a few of the "regulars" who make it. There have been a ton of new sketch card artists who are eligible to enter in the past couple years so I'm sure the competition was extra stiff, which I don't see as a bad thing.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast