Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: why is r2 sticky?

i might give r2 a gentle scrub and see what happens. by the way i wanted to ask is it ok to buy repro foam for dagobah? from wha ti have heard most of the original decomposed ages ago and probably dosent exist unless its in a sealed box (which i would NOT open if i had one)
    lando's not a man he's a power blaster

Quote Originally Posted by Jadesfire133336b View Post
    i might give r2 a gentle scrub and see what happens. by the way i wanted to ask is it ok to buy repro foam for dagobah? from wha ti have heard most of the original decomposed ages ago and probably dosent exist unless its in a sealed box (which i would NOT open if i had one)
    Iím not a big fan of reproduction stuff, but I donít think repro Degobah foam is a big deal. Most of the vintage stuff is decomposing/deteriorating anyway. I had a mint set back in 2013 and the foam fell apart in my closet in less than 3 years. It just wasnít built to last. I believe the reproduction foam also looks different, so no worries there.
    Last edited by Kenner76; 12-18-2018 at 01:58 PM.
    Wanted: Jawa sample proofs,a textured cape Leia, and any Boushh proofs. I'm also currently looking for a 21 ESB back Leia Organa proof. I have cash and many great trade items!
    My Feedback:http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1070625/

Quote Originally Posted by Kenner76 View Post
    I’m not a big fan of reproduction stuff, but I don’t think repro Degobah foam is a big deal. Most of the vintage stuff is decomposing/deteriorating anyway. I had a mint set back in 2013 and the foam fell apart in my closet in less than 3 years. It just wasn’t built to last. I believe the reproduction foam also looks different, so no worries there.
    I agree with this. Same with repro death star foam. I'm ok with it, but that's about as far as my repro leash goes

never seen a sticky R2 before...normally its the more flexible plastics that start to go that route so I could imagine it on the legs, harder to envision on the hard plastic cylinder

pretty sure most of my figures will be slime and grime free and in fine condition long after I am dead and no one cares about them any longer so I don't hyperventilate over decomposition at every opportunity. I'll grant that it happens but I don't think it will ever be an epidemic

im not freaking out just curious since it was my first sticky case
    lando's not a man he's a power blaster

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12