Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Galaxy of Adventures Line

I feel the same way, Dark Artist. Can’t say I’ve collected every figure from every movie, but I too have been acquiring 5poa’s since the 70s, and it is disappointing they are going away. The latest sculpts have rivaled, and in some cases surpassed the SA figures. I’ll be collecting all the TVCs released, but it sounds like the numbers of 3.75 will be even fewer for the newer movies and shows.

I refuse to give up hope. We may yet be surprised or get a resurgence in a year or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Utinniii View Post
    I refuse to give up hope. We may yet be surprised or get a resurgence in a year or 2.
    I would like to believe that Hasbro is just withholding information in regards to no 3.75" figures for TROS but the lack of potential leaks has been disheartening to say the least. I'm really hoping that maybe NYCC will reveal that 3.75" figures will be made available starting in January after the movie has come out in the theaters.
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

The CEO of Hasbro said they made a mistake, “The fact that we began to merchandise the film in September and the film came out in December was just too long a period of time to sustain retail interest,”

To me, this says we won't get all the merchandise for TROS in September... unless he is going for the same mistake again. I find it hard to believe that they won't merchandise this last film, but I guess if they don't I save even more money... not that I'd buy a ton of 5POA figures anyway.

Look, it took 38 years for us to get a Mosep Bineed figure, which I'm pretty sure is the longest period of time between appearing in Star Wars to getting a figure to date. I doubt we'll get to keep collecting these figures for another 38 years. (Mainly because by then I'll be 84... hopefully )
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

^ but isn't that why Oct 4 is tff? They are releasing ep9 tvc in Oct. On flip side, I can see argument for holding 3.75 basic until January, but recall resistance 3.75 line,was released in January and well...that line wasn't well received by retail as it was late compaired to shows premiere. Plus, retail generally doesn't reset A huge toy area right after holidays aside from clearence. A tie in line needs to be prior to movie/tv/source release to generate hype. If source fails why bother releasing line afterwards?

Quote Originally Posted by R1G4R3PO View Post
    ^ but isn't that why Oct 4 is tff? They are releasing ep9 tvc in Oct. On flip side, I can see argument for holding 3.75 basic until January, but recall resistance 3.75 line,was released in January and well...that line wasn't well received by retail as it was late compaired to shows premiere. Plus, retail generally doesn't reset A huge toy area right after holidays aside from clearence. A tie in line needs to be prior to movie/tv/source release to generate hype. If source fails why bother releasing line afterwards?
    No offense, but Oct. 4 is basically September.

I haven't studied retail patterns, but I do study Star Wars toys. For Star Wars, I would release the toys December 1. People have such short attention spans now that they'll go buy some before the movie comes out and a few weeks later will go buy others that they liked from the movie. It's near Christmas, so kids can still get in on this as gifts. Release them on Black Friday? I don't know... people are in the stores around that time since they've been conditioned like dogs to go buy then.
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

^Well Oct 4 is still 30 days later than ep7's ff of 9/4. ��
    But yeah, later in Oct may be better but w/ 12/1, that'll be a risk for holiday shopping. Sure some wait till 12/24 to shop, but many will be done and spent out by 12/1. If movie release was 5/20, then definitely 5/1 could suffice- well, ep1 was 5/3 & stock ran low and restock of maul items in some cases didn't get to shelves b4 movie hit. So ep2 or ep3 sale dates in April seem to work better. Grant it, sw was in a better place at that time, no fatique and brand burn-out set in as quick as w/ ST era. But dec is a time of year when shoppers may need more time to but more, layway items etc, plus it'd allow better chances for restock before holiday shopping season ends

I have no idea why they think the 5 inch ones will be a hit... They tried doing this style of figures back when as force battlers and they didnt fly off the shelves....

Dont forget the Hero Mashers line of 5 / 6 inch figures - those ate **** at retail. If this line is a huge failure, I wonder if they'll shuffle employees again, or simply not renew the license. A huge misstep for a blockbuster movie might cost them millions.

A potential beacon of light for people lamenting the loss of a basic 3.75" line, via a Yakface tweet:

https://twitter.com/yak_face/status/1177323091510353920

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast