Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Galaxy of Adventures Line

It seems that Disney has finally realized the marketing power of the OT characters. I think Disney thought they could bully into the market with Kylo, Rey, Finn, and Poe and muscle out the OT (kill the past....remember that line from TLJ?). However, now Disney has finally realized they were mistaken and probably by the middle of 2019 people won't care about Kylo and Co.

So, now Disney has decided to (re) introduce the OT characters to the next generation through Galaxy of Adventures. The problem is, they already killed offf Han and (I guess) Luke, so they're a little too late to the party.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick10126 View Post
    Ive heard no, they wonít have the chips in them.

Id buy every stormtrooper I could find at $6 a pop. Great for an emperorís arrival scene. Iíll see what happens after the holidays, if the price is right Iíll spring for them then. Iím interested in the Vader as well.

Han Bespin is also on my list of wants.

Drop the price and ill bite, but not before then.
    Its odd they wouldn't include the Force Link tech with these figures, considering how highly it was ranked among boys tech toys not too long ago. That consumer report showed the basic line was doing well, and kids that play with action figures enjoy that technology included with the figures. Likewise, all of waves 1 & 2 previously had the chips, save for Han. A missed opportunity not to include more dialogue from the OT, as the shorts do.

I picked up the Luke, Vader and R2 for my son. passed on Chewie and didn't see the rest of the wave. They rang up at 8.99 per figure at my local Walmart and were in the "Holiday Section" instead of the toy aisles. I'm guessing these are thought to be "Stocking Stuffers"
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations

I grabbed Luke more to see the comic and the packaging. I like the whole presentation. I rolled he tube and will keep that with the comic. They would be better at a lower price point. Kudos to those finding them under $9.99.
    I'm an OOT "Preferist" not an OOT "Purist"

My Feedback

the only ones that are worth getting are Luke, Hoth Leia and Darth Vader

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    I picked up the Luke, Vader and R2 for my son. passed on Chewie and didn't see the rest of the wave. They rang up at 8.99 per figure at my local Walmart and were in the "Holiday Section" instead of the toy aisles. I'm guessing these are thought to be "Stocking Stuffers"
    There are only 4 figures in the first wave. So you saw them all. Wave 2 the next four next year, just in time....hmmm....what stockings are we stuffing in spring?
    ďWhatís a Star War?Ē

The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick10126 View Post
    There are only 4 figures in the first wave. So you saw them all. Wave 2 the next four next year, just in time....hmmm....what stockings are we stuffing in spring?
    Stuffing baskets instead of stockings.
    I'm an OOT "Preferist" not an OOT "Purist"

My Feedback

Nothing to see here...
    Naughtiest lines in Star Wars:
    You came in that thing?! You're braver than I thought!
    Luke, at that speed will we be able to pull out in time?
    Back door huh? Good idea.

Though the GOA shorts (from what I've seen) look cool, these are just re-packs of figures almost everyone already has. Easy pass.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast