Thread: lets talk about jedi luke lue saber vs green!

lets talk about jedi luke lue saber vs green!

now hands down the green saber is movie accurate so theres that.
    but is there anyone with a jedi luke that has/prefers the blue saber?
    how common is this variant? and while completing bespin luke with a yellow saber for completion sake makes sense does anyone give him a blue one?
    Last edited by Jadesfire133336b; 12-03-2018 at 06:25 PM.
    (hums cloud city music) doo do doot do, do dooo do doot do, doo do do do

If I'm not mistaken the blue saber for jedi Luke only comes with the snap cape version. My brain wants to like the blue saber better, but I think that it because its harder to come by even though green saber is accurate for any ROTJ Luke. I say any because I really think that Poncho Luke should have come with a green saber, would have been so much cooler. I've seen people display Bespin Luke with a blue saber, which I think looks cool, its just that something about the weirdness of the yellow saber that I like. I guess it depends on how accurate you want it to be to the movies versus a pure kenner set up. Both look great though.

Quote Originally Posted by WampasGottaEat2 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken the blue saber for jedi Luke only comes with the snap cape version. My brain wants to like the blue saber better, but I think that it because its harder to come by even though green saber is accurate for any ROTJ Luke. I say any because I really think that Poncho Luke should have come with a green saber, would have been so much cooler. I've seen people display Bespin Luke with a blue saber, which I think looks cool, its just that something about the weirdness of the yellow saber that I like. I guess it depends on how accurate you want it to be to the movies versus a pure kenner set up. Both look great though.
    You are, indeed, mistaken. Blue saber came only on Hong Kong figures, and there are Taiwan figures with a green saber and snap cape. They can be found with a snap or stitched cape. It is indeed one of the more confusing variants, with many different variances (molded/painted head, blasters, sabers and capes!). Luke Jedi with a blue saber were only available during early production, and are a bit more uncommon but not really rare. They do command a premium.

I think the blue saber is cool, but the green is screen accurate. Because we have this blue saber, we can correct the Kenner Bespin Luke "error"!

Quote Originally Posted by comicalUser View Post
    You are, indeed, mistaken. Blue saber came only on Hong Kong figures, and there are Taiwan figures with a green saber and snap cape. They can be found with a snap or stitched cape. It is indeed one of the more confusing variants, with many different variances (molded/painted head, blasters, sabers and capes!). Luke Jedi with a blue saber were only available during early production, and are a bit more uncommon but not really rare. They do command a premium.

I think the blue saber is cool, but the green is screen accurate. Because we have this blue saber, we can correct the Kenner Bespin Luke "error"!
    Thanks, I've never been 100% clear on that. I think I noted in the recent thread on 2019 goals and 2018 reflections that learning from other collectors has been one of the greatest highlights for me this year. Thanks for dropping some knowledge on me!

Quote Originally Posted by comicalUser View Post

i have my figures right here so maybe if i look at them and see who was made where i can figure out what sword "goes" to this figure.
    ok here goes: lobot hong kong,pilot luke hong kong,weird skiff lando has no coo just lfl 1982,c3po lfl 1982 no coo,r2 sensor scope hong kong,tie pilot hong kong 82,greedo hong kong,r2 anh hong kong,darth vader hong kong, hoth luke hong kong 80, weird chewbacca has gmfg 1977 im not sure what that means.
    yoda hong kong 80, endor leia no coo lfl 1984,stromtrooper gmfg hong kong 77, hoth leia hong kong 80, emperor lfl 1984 no coo, bl bespin guard hong kong 1984 atat commander hong kong 80,
    cloud carpilot hong kong 81,bl bespin guard 2 hong kong 81,lando hong kong 80,bepin luke hong kong 80,
    bespin leia hong kong 80,r5 d4 hong kong 78,leia gmfg hong kong 77,bespin guard white hong kong 80,boba fett hong kong 79,royal guard taiwan 83,
    chirpa hk 83, logray hk 83,teebo no coo lfl 84,gamorrean guard coo lfl 83, broken pilot luke gfmgi 78, endor han no coo lfl 84 ds commanderbgmfgi hong kong 77,ig88 lfl hng kong 80, biker scout hong kong 83 zuckuss hong kong 82 whew thats a lot of figures, looks like most of mine are from hong kong except the royal guard.

LUKE JEDI no coo just lfl 1983, does that mean that he needs a green saber?
    Last edited by Jadesfire133336b; 12-04-2018 at 08:55 PM.
    (hums cloud city music) doo do doot do, do dooo do doot do, doo do do do