Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The long road of evolving my Pit of Carkoon diorama (WIP 5/23/19)

Thank you! I was able to get back to the steering vane; I added the circle at the bottom of the spear and "damaged" it at all the relevant places. The support/steering rod is foamcore, posterboard strips, and straws. The little oval on the vane is a baked sculpy piece. More soon!

Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!

Today involved remaking the deck hatch, two this time (only had one really small one). Here they are constructed of foamcore with foamie and posterboard elements. I need to shorten each a little, like 1/8 inch, to best represent the set version. The hatch doors do not open because my scene occurs before any goons come out on deck! I will probably not decorate the right one because it is fairly hidden under the sail shadow on the diorama. Also, I had the old one placed wrong; it was on the forward upper deck, when it should have been adjacent to the sail mast on the mid-deck.

Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Just started the base color for the barge, which is a chore! Depending on whether you use the model or the built set, outdoor lighting etc., it comes out looking like a brown/black/rust hybrid or sometimes brown/green. I've put a "primer" coat on the whole thing which I'll photograph later, but for now, here are a couple of the steering vane painted.

That sarlacc pit though! (And I had not noticed it was "just" half a barge until now.. LOL )
    "Without respect - we reject!"

My custom Hoth Rebel Turret thread

I've been meaning to comment on this a while now, but haven't gotten around to it. Just amazing work and thank you so much for the wonderful and detailed pics. This project is amazing and it's so fun to come in here and just look through all of the pics.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Thank you guys! Here is the barge with the base color and some rust drybrushing on it. Much more drybrushing necessary!

Dang that's awesome!!! Love the weathering on the steering vanes (dents are great additions for realism) and the paintjob is perfect.
    " what is to gain by partaking in a thread that does not concern/interest you. Say I pass and move on it's that simple" MasterFett-Bastila Shan thread-2-14-11

Thanks guys! Sorry about the poor quality of the photos; here are a few from today with the wall behind it painted to look like sand and sky background! I still have some details to add to the deck and some more weathering to do, and of course add the figures back in.

Still looks fantastic!
    When I finally build mine, I also intend to just make one side. I'm actually toying with making all the wooden scaffolding like is was the actual set and not the SW vehicle.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast