Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The long road of evolving my Pit of Carkoon diorama (WIP 5/23/19)

Looks fantastic so far. The new chasm shape looks much better.

Thanks, pal- I have some better lighting pics today after a bit more work on the chasm,which is finally done in preparation for the lips/teeth/mouth of the Sarlacc. I made one more tentacle and a piece of another one out of hardened sculpy.

I then added them in, and drybrushed on some darker pink over the flesh tone I originally had painted on. I also want to add about 25% more sand to the whole base; there were sections that were darker like I have under the sand, but too many of them are showing through.

And a close-up of the hero skiff, which I repainted with some drybrushed rust brown (I have 2 of the green versions, which Hasbro had released with a variant brownish color that I missed). Though several different shots of the skiff on screen are varied in color, the most predominant seems to be an olive drab base color with rust brown weathering in the cracks. I also have to extend Luke's plank about 2.5 times its existing length.

I have a LOT of work to do on the barge, too: 1) the whole thing needs a base coat of a brown/black/rust hybrid color and a lot of weathering, 2) raised panels on the existing panels, 3) cut openings under each of the rear windows for the spectators, angle the windows up, and put a template of window slits over each of the panels, and 4) add a few details on the deck and hull that I missed the first time around.
    Last edited by Daigo_Bah; 12-21-2018 at 10:47 PM.
    Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!

Today I just repainted the other skiff and touched up the one I had already done. For comparison, here is an RS archive pic of the original color I had of both:

And here are several views of both the hero and second skiffs repainted; all figures are hot-glued in place:

Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Now past the holidays, back to work! Today I sculpted and baked the first layer of mouth/lips of the Sarlacc; I had already had the teeth from the earlier version (though I may have to sculpt more). I super-glued the teeth in, and super-glued strips of foamie so that I'll be able to attach it under the rocks of the pit. I'll likely sculpt and attach the other 2 layers to this one first.

...And here is the second layer! I have to buy more sculpy to make the third

Very nice work! I am impressed with the sculpting on the tentacles. The overall display looks amazing. Can't wait to see what's next.

Thanks! Here's a couple pics of the finished lips/mouth; the 3 layers are of course sculpted/hardened clay, but the inner mouth is a painted paper towel LOL. Pics once I attach it in the Pit will follow!

That looks sooooo good!!!!
    If the Rebels have obtained a complete technical read-out of this station it is possible, however unlikely, that they might find a weakness. . . and exploit it.

Thanks, bud! And here are a few pics of the mouth in place:

Holy ****! That is perfect! You should produce these for us!!!
    If the Rebels have obtained a complete technical read-out of this station it is possible, however unlikely, that they might find a weakness. . . and exploit it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast