Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Silly Seller's

Quote Originally Posted by x98lbwuss View Post
    I’m guessing the op bought a modern figure.

Yeah, if they are selling Mint Vintage ROTJ MOC figures for $30, we all need to take a road trip to this comic book store!!!

How does one add photo's? I've never tried.

They admit it's rare they get vintage stuff, and they had so many I think it was overwhelming. And also... the Vader was $20!

But does it say “Original Trilogy” on the case?

Quote Originally Posted by VideoViper View Post
    Ya (No offence to anyone I traded with) but this is why I hate selling Star Wars stuff. I try to post the best pictures I can & hope I get a good price. I found that what Ebay says something will sell for isn't always the price.

Generally its up to the buyer to say it worth X amount. & the market to support it. Generally its also a lot of luck that I'm selling something at the right time.

That said, I've often negotiated with sellers who are trying to get what they over paid back in the 90s on something, when its just not worth that much. Lot of flee market tables with old junk, that would actually sell for market price.

But unfortunately I also been in the position with ebay/other selling shipping fees etc that it costs more to sell & I lose money.

I learned the hard way with a buyer in China just not to even try to sell there. (Guy argued about the price of shipping & then filed a paypal complaint once it "didn't" arrive (it did)

One strange tatic I found is something listed at a ridiculously low price, but the set shipping fee is really the cost of the item. Always wary when I see that.

Anything with suspect pictures, blury, additional items in the picture or odd descriptions can get an easy pass from me.
    oh dont get me started on china "a domain of evil it is" and a wretched hive of scum and villany
    ive had maybe 2 out of 5 sucessful transacton involving china so im just avoiding any and all sellers there.
    yes there are some weird ebayers out there
    lando's not a man he's a power blaster

Yes, but it's a protective clamshell case.
    Last edited by MasterRizz; 12-05-2018 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterRizz View Post
    Yes, but it's a protective clamshell case.
    It sounds like one of the one's that was produced in the 2000's for the "Original Trilogy" line. Which for $20 is still not bad, there is a market for them they just aren't considered true vintage. I've got 3 or 4 from when they first came out in the early 2000's. Post a picture though just to make sure someone didn't stick a real vintage in a modern "original trilogy" case. I'm really hoping that's what it is because that would be the find of the year for many collectors. An easy way to tell is to look at the figure and the back of the card and see if it's modern.
    Last edited by WampasGottaEat2; 12-06-2018 at 10:27 AM.

On the back it says 1983. It is a 77-Back. Has a green POP, and features Sy Snootles and The Rebo Band, Ewok Combat Glider, Ewok Assault Catapult, and Rancor Monster. All vintage. It is the same is this one:
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1983-Kenner-...PTSw:rk:2:pf:0

Yeah that one definitely looks like an original. That's an amazing pick up for $20. Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterRizz View Post
    On the back it says 1983. It is a 77-Back. Has a green POP, and features Sy Snootles and The Rebo Band, Ewok Combat Glider, Ewok Assault Catapult, and Rancor Monster. All vintage. It is the same is this one:
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1983-Kenner-...PTSw:rk:2:pf:0
    That's a find that rivals some of 'in the wild' finds. Congrats on the pickup!
    Member of the 62 POTF coin club!!
    My Trade Feedback has links to want and have trade lists.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast