Thread: Project: "Ghost Stories" - building VCX Playsets

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Project: "Ghost Stories" - building VCX Playsets

Hi there! First time poster here.

Thought I might share my project.

The moment I saw the Ghost from Star Wars: Rebels, I immediately fell in love. Nothing about this ship makes sense (the interiors don't fit the exteriors), but it's a great design nonetheless, and I like that it's basically a flying house. With the Black Series-Figures of Ezra and Chopper on the Horizon (and I hope Zeb isn't too far away either), I thought, it might be a good time to start building some dioramas/playsets. I'd like to do a photo series if all is done and the specters are complete. Until then, there's a lot of work to be done.

These are the sets I plan to build:

Starbord-Bunks (Hera's Bunk and Zeb and Ezra's Bunk) - Check!
    Corridor
    Common Room
    Kitchen
    Cockpit
    Cargo Bay
    Engineering (made up)
    Bathroom (made up)
    And mayyybeeee the Phantom (In- and Exterior)

This is gonna be a low-budged project, so I'll use only cardboard. I'm not aiming for perfect screen accuracy, but I'll try to stay as close to the original sets as I can. My skill level is medicore at best, to be honest, and I really want to keep the cost down as much as possible, but I'm committed and I'm sure it's gonna be fun .

I started last week with the Bunks on Starboard (Hera's and Zeb and Ezra's). Here's what I have so far:

It's not completely finished - I need to reinforce the structure a bit and I'm not happy with the lighting, but the hardest part's are done.

Next: the Corridor.
    Last edited by SpectreOne; 11-28-2018 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpectreOne View Post
    Hi there! First time poster here.

Thought I might share my project.

The moment I saw the Ghost from Star Wars: Rebels, I immediately fell in love. Nothing about this ship makes sense (the interiors don't fit the exteriors), but it's a great design nonetheless, and I like that it's basically a flying house. With the Black Series-Figures of Ezra and Chopper on the Horizon (and I hope Zeb isn't too far away either), I thought, it might be a good time to start building some dioramas/playsets. I'd like to do a photo series if all is done and the specters are complete. Until then, there's a lot of work to be done.

These are the sets I plan to build:

Starbord-Bunks (Hera's Bunk and Zeb and Ezra's Bunk) - Check!
    Corridor
    Common Room
    Kitchen
    Cockpit
    Cargo Bay
    Engineering (made up)
    Bathroom (made up)
    And mayyybeeee the Phantom (In- and Exterior)

This is gonna be a low-budged project, so I'll use only cardboard. I'm not aiming for perfect screen accuracy, but I'll try to stay as close to the original sets as I can. My skill level is medicore at best, to be honest, and I really want to keep the cost down as much as possible, but I'm committed and I'm sure it's gonna be fun .

I started last week with the Bunks on Starboard (Hera's and Zeb and Ezra's). Here's what I have so far:

It's not completely finished - I need to reinforce the structure a bit and I'm not happy with the lighting, but the hardest part's are done.

Next: the Corridor.
    ooks awsome
    L

Dude that is awesome-ly done. You're a cardboard savant!

Yes! So awesome! Now if you could just build a giant Ghost around them, this would be perfect! Seriously, though, they are looking great, can't wait to see more.

I concur re: awesomeness.

That makes either a great playset or display. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Just curious, will you be making your model available for others to make as well?

Thank you all Working on the corridor right now and making good progress. I might finish this until monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Sceptaurus View Post
    Now if you could just build a giant Ghost around them, this would be perfect!
    Don't give me ideas
    I already toyed with the idea of making the front section of the ship, but I really don't have the space.

Quote Originally Posted by Utinniii View Post
    I concur re: awesomeness.
    Just curious, will you be making your model available for others to make as well?
    I don't think so. Not out of spite or anything, but I have no Idea how. The reason I started with the bunks is, because I could extrapolate their measurements from this behind the scenes sheet from the episode with the puffer pig:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8XZgrNIEAAAMLX.jpg

I just scaled it up by rule of thumb. That gave me the rough dimensions of the bunks, of the corridor and (mostly) of the cockpit as well. And if you have that, you also have some of the measurements of the cargo bay (with, length). Everything else is just guesswork and made up by me on the spot.
    Last edited by SpectreOne; 12-01-2018 at 06:46 AM.