Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Project: "Ghost Stories" - building VCX Playsets

Sooo, with Chopper and Ezra on the Horizon, it's time to get back at this. I already started working on Kanans Bunk, the Phantom and... an Engine Room. The ER is especially fun, because we have never seen that room on the show, which means that I have an entirely free hand in designing it. I had an old, scary boiler room in mind and... it's starting to take shape

Here's a sneak peek. Lights are off, only the engines are glowing (this is choppers realm, by the way. Explaines a lot, lol )

Muhahahaha!
    Last edited by SpectreOne; 06-10-2019 at 02:29 PM.
    Project "Ghost Stories" - Building Star Wars: Rebels Playsets: https://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1140437

Looks like it will be more awesomeness!! You know, just the control panels alone throughout your dios are pretty mindblowing. And the photography is always top shelf. Can't wait to see more.
    " what is to gain by partaking in a thread that does not concern/interest you. Say I pass and move on it's that simple" MasterFett-Bastila Shan thread-2-14-11

Looks great. It reminds me of every furnace in a scary movie.

I shudder to think of where Hera is in that photo!!!

EDIT: Have you seen the Rebels critters and swag you can buy at the new Star Wars Land in Walt Disney World?

Puffer pigs and spiders to name 2.
    Last edited by Utinniii; 06-10-2019 at 05:09 PM.

And here it is: the (made up) engine room of the Ghost. That was a really fun set! I was aiming for a specific feel; there was a scene in Home Alone, where Kevin went into the basement and there was this big, scary, evil boiler or whatever it was. I wanted something like that, a room that gave Ezra the creeps. I also wanted to have a maintaince pit like in the falcon and the (smaller) characters to be able to crawl between the engines. I just put all of these ideas together and I think the Engine Room turned out great. The maintaince pit still needs work - I'll add more pipes and cables and machinery. But aside from that, I'm mostly done.

Only three things left to do now: a little corridor segment, sabines bunk and the phantom. Then I'm done \o/

Quote Originally Posted by Utinniii View Post
    EDIT: Have you seen the Rebels critters and swag you can buy at the new Star Wars Land in Walt Disney World?
    Puffer pigs and spiders to name 2.
    Oh yes! I just saw someone with a dewback from the store and my first thought was "That's a fantastic packaging he comes with" XD

The spiders are awesome. Really creepy looking. Imagine some of them roaming my sets. (one of their earthly cousins is already doing that - I just discovered, that a little spider has taken residence in my common room set. Maybe I can nudge it to move into the engine room instead. I could use some spiderwebs there )

I'm in love with the puffer pig, but I have no idea how they would scale or if they can do something (move their heads)? Any idea?
    Would love to have one or two of them.
    Project "Ghost Stories" - Building Star Wars: Rebels Playsets: https://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1140437

That looks really spooky!
    The Dewback's mouth opens when one moves it's tail.
    The puffer pigs squeal like a piggie, soowi,soowi. They look to be much too big, although they can inflate so I'd use them.
    The Spiders vibrate so they move. I want one.
    Way back, I gave you a link where you can print out the puffer pig crates.

I often use invisible tape when I want a reflective surface or to change the texture.
    You can also buy gloss, satin and matte sprays for paper. Then you won't have to reprint, and it adds a layer of protection.
    Finally, at a dollar store, I bought a battery tealight that changes colors (blue, green, red and I think, white). I think one in the mouth of the boiler would look cool.
    There are lots of different lights that change color. I think some can even change the speed. Most are too big for my purposes but since your sets are bigger, they might work. Fairy lights might also work.

If you really wanted webs, people use hot glue guns to make them.
    Last edited by Utinniii; 06-16-2019 at 08:59 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234