Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Project: "Ghost Stories" - building VCX Playsets

Never heard of Model Magic, but the figures sure as hell look great! Loth-Cats, Purgils... it's nice to see so much love vor Star Wars: Rebels - and it's critters. And thanks a lot for the link! Those crates will be very helpful, once I get to the cargo bay

Speaking of, I have another update. This time; the Hallway. Not the most exciting set, and, to be honest, I wasn't especially keen on building it, but I feel it's required to give the feeling of a starship where you can walk from one room organically to the other. The doors are still missing - I only build two mockup doors for testing reasons, and I'm still playing around with the right way to light everything. Also, I'm still debating with myself, whether or not the hallway junction leading to the turrent is needed or not. But that's something I can still add later.

Next: The common room!

Build as much as you can since you intend to make a story. It will increase the number of angles you can photograph. The "boring" hallways adds depth and can allow for some fun background shots.

Absolutely amazing! The modern work done here lately is just raising the bar more and more!
    Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!

This is brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

Wow! It's perfect.

I've been modelling the hall and bunks together to 3d print in 1:18th scale. I figure I can split the model to print possibly a room at a time then halve the hall into two. And like you I plan to model the on screen interior and then figure out what the rest looks like.

I really like the way you made this. When you lit it it looks so legit. :{J
    Disney? "Canon" you say? You must unlearn what you have learned...

If you need anything 3d Printed PM me. :{J

Thank you all

Quote Originally Posted by KypDurron420 View Post
    Wow! It's perfect.

I've been modelling the hall and bunks together to 3d print in 1:18th scale. I figure I can split the model to print possibly a room at a time then halve the hall into two. And like you I plan to model the on screen interior and then figure out what the rest looks like.
    The more the merrier. Can't have enough Ghosts around. If you get to print the rooms, I'd really love to see what they look like and appreciate, if you could share some pictures .

So. I went ahead and just finished the Common Room. Or as I call this monster now: the Come on!-Room. This one held a couple surprises. It's a lot larger than I thought it would be. On the show, this rooms looks kinda small and cozy, but that's because we mostly only saw one part of it (the Couch area) and not much more. Then again, there isn't much more to see, they were wasting a lot of space in this room. In retrospect, I think it would have been smarter by me to build the couch-area only, or to cut the room in half at least. But I'm not that smart and Hindsight is always easier than foresight.

Zeb's Chair is still missing, because, well, I have no Idea how to build that thing yet. Then again, Zeb himself isn't there either, and considering that Hasbro are taking their sweet time, it's not an urgent issue. The ladder also needs to be refined a bit.

In case someone want's to build the console; these are the graphics I have made. They aren't 100 percent screen accurate, but they are pretty close:
    https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca88...833d09ebe4.jpg

Next: The Kitchen!
    Last edited by SpectreOne; 12-11-2018 at 12:23 PM.

What are you using for the lighting?

Great job so far.
    The answer to every Star Wars question ever:
      Spoiler:  
    Its just a movie!!!!!!!!!!

Feedback BST
    I love this Bar! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU3_zzZQzx0

Quote Originally Posted by VideoViper View Post
    What are you using for the lighting?.
    So far only fairy lights. I have to figure out something better, but for now it'll do.

Here are some futher... ummmm... screen tests:

https://sta.sh/01t4lqle0xle

Last edited by SpectreOne; 12-12-2018 at 07:19 AM.

Looking great so far. I'm envious you have time to play with it as you build it.

If you want raised cushions for the stools, you can use craft foam.

This is really cool. Very nice work and photography. Any kind of interior work is difficult and this is some fantastic results. Keep up the great work!
    " what is to gain by partaking in a thread that does not concern/interest you. Say I pass and move on it's that simple" MasterFett-Bastila Shan thread-2-14-11

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast