Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Attack of the Clones is a great Star Wars movie!

Wouldn't be the first time a Child King was just a puppet, while all the real power was held by those "supposedly" guiding him. We all already know that GL can take good ideas, and turn around to write like crap. Writing and Directing aren't really his strong suit at all, he's got 5 Movies to attest to that fact! if it weren't for the talent in the movies, it could have all ended very quickly.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Wouldn't be the first time a Child King was just a puppet, while all the real power was held by those "supposedly" guiding him. We all already know that GL can take good ideas, and turn around to write like crap. Writing and Directing aren't really his strong suit at all, he's got 5 Movies to attest to that fact! if it weren't for the talent in the movies, it could have all ended very quickly.
    I’m not sure your whole critique is fair. I think George Lucas is a great director. If I were to critique anything, it would be his writing. But, even that is debatable. He was going for a different feel in his dialogue to set his universe apart from the real world. So, it almost seemed like Padame was this regal monarch from the Victorian era. However, Film is art and people like to critique.....So More critisiscsm in 3...2....1

Quote Originally Posted by slaveleiafan123 View Post
    I guess I could see that. My wife is 4 years older than me. Age doesn’t make a difference. I am more curious how a 14 year old can become a queen. Hmmmmmm???????
    If it was similar to the British monarchy, where the parent dies and next in line takes over I could see that as a plausible reason. However thinking about it (and never given it much thought in 19 years) electing a 14 year old to rule a planet is pretty stupid sounding

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStarkiller View Post
    I think George Lucas is a great director. If I were to critique anything, it would be his writing.
    I would like to say George is a good director but his not really, he does ok and knows how to tell a story from start to end but I wouldn't say his the greatest. George is more of an ideas type of guy, he has a vision of what he wants and he was fortunate to be able to get it made.

Quote Originally Posted by GNT View Post
    If it was similar to the British monarchy, where the parent dies and next in line takes over I could see that as a plausible reason. However thinking about it (and never given it much thought in 19 years) electing a 14 year old to rule a planet is pretty stupid sounding

I would like to say George is a good director but his not really, he does ok and knows how to tell a story from start to end but I wouldn't say his the greatest. George is more of an ideas type of guy, he has a vision of what he wants and he was fortunate to be able to get it made.
    Come to think of it, your right. He’s not great, but he’s pretty good. He knows how to pace a film, write a good story, and one of his strengths is his editing. His movies always flow well. But, he does have his faults. I think Great was a poor choice of words.

The only thing I dont like about the prequels is the switch from film to digital. It seems like the acting in Episode 1 was better then the second and third films. I wonder if it had to do with this change, or if George gave so little direction to his actors. George doesnt strike me as a people person.

Prequels are still really awesome in my opinion.

George is truly a visionary man, with a lot of great ideas, but he needs some around him that dare go against him and give him a bit of resistance, so to speak.
    The prequels lack that and it shows, unfortunately.
    However I will say they do have the Star Wars feel and I "blame" that on George
    "her arc is to actually get bored of being powerful" - MauLer on YT, A Critique of SWTLJ, p.3

My custom Hoth Rebel Turret thread

I feel that having so much CGI does affect the actors interactions, and thus why PT suffers. As well as other issues.
    But it was so new back then that no one truly knew how to make it feel natural. Definitely a big difference from Star Wars 04ish, to now with Marvel.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

^^ agreed. Charlie Chaplin was the best actor of his day , but as soon as technology progressed to include "sound", then he couldn't act his way out of a paper bag.

^^ by the same token , today's CGI movies require a different caliber of actor. Robert DiNero would have NO PLACE in a marvel movie, interacting with a giant talking tree. he would be HOPELESS at it. LOL

good point.

in the end the problem with the PT is not the CGI -- the problem is wooden actors who were absolutely clueless at how to approach this task -- it was like watching Charlie Chaplin in a "talkie" LOL

when "sound" was introduced into films, this required a whole different skillset on the part of the actors -- the actors needed to be effective at delivering their lines -- it's a different KIND of acting (which required a different KIND of actor).

when CGI was introduced, this required a whole different skillset on the part of the actors -- the actors whine endlessly about it, because NOBODY knows how to do it
    Last edited by Cobalt60; 02-12-2019 at 03:40 PM.
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112