Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oh Boy! Overstreet releasing Star Wars collectible price guide

Quote Originally Posted by cichlidjedi View Post
    Bad Motivator
    On the Star Wars Tracker App when you click on an item it will have a High, Average, Min and volume. On the left hand side of your screen it has 100%, 90%, 80% and ect.. down to 10% and that's the condition of the items.
    What isnt clear though is how they keep track of condition...do they go on the listed condition? The actual condition (often much much lower than listed condition)? How do they know they are being consistent?

Basically its cool but i can get a much truer sense of value from sold listings
    Last edited by aaronthebanker; 11-18-2018 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronthebanker View Post
    U hit the nail on the head...not only condition but listed with repros (obviously ALOT cheaper and more plentiful than true complete figures so skews all the numbers WAY down) and anything else is thrown into the average. I liked the app as a checklist but about as worthless as the printed price guid for value
    I agree with you both. condition and grading impacts each and every single SW vintage toy sold. Nothing beats the detail of compiling data and condition from ebay. An average is not useful.
    I

•    
    Well the initial review of the price guide since receiving the book last night is poor at best. All of the prices for vintage figures is based upon MOC debut versions of each figure. Yak Face and Vlix are not even listed with a price. It would appear that this was rushed out in order to jump on the bandwagon with the attention the Russel Branton Collection has received through Hake’s recent series of auctions. There are the usual images with incorrect identification. I mainly bought this publication for the images of which it seems they used all AFA’d examples as the retaining rails are apparent on each one. Again this seems to be a rushed production.
    Who knows? In a thousand years even you may be worth something. - Belloq

Quote Originally Posted by raven7dp View Post
    Well the initial review of the price guide since receiving the book last night is poor at best.
    Well that is unfortunate. Not that I really care, though. With it being Overstreet, I was hoping for a thorough publication.

Oh, and, I knew all the answers to most of the questions I asked, I was trying to create some conversation for the board.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronthebanker View Post
    What isnt clear though is how they keep track of condition...do they go on the listed condition? The actual condition (often much much lower than listed condition)? How do they know they are being consistent?

Basically its cool but i can get a much truer sense of value from sold listings
    there is a way to see the raw data which has all the information including the grade and usually a link back to the item for sale so you can see the original ebay listing with the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by raven7dp View Post
    Well the initial review of the price guide since receiving the book last night is poor at best. All of the prices for vintage figures is based upon MOC debut versions of each figure. Yak Face and Vlix are not even listed with a price. It would appear that this was rushed out in order to jump on the bandwagon with the attention the Russel Branton Collection has received through Hake’s recent series of auctions. There are the usual images with incorrect identification. I mainly bought this publication for the images of which it seems they used all AFA’d examples as the retaining rails are apparent on each one. Again this seems to be a rushed production.
    Bummer. Thanks for supplying us with a review!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12