Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Rogue One Prequel

Tasha Yar also wasn't a lead. She was, at best, a tertiary character.

Now, if they'd have whacked Patrick Stewart...

Quote Originally Posted by CellBlock1138 View Post
    Tasha Yar also wasn't a lead. She was, at best, a tertiary character.

Now, if they'd have whacked Patrick Stewart...
    And the Yar situation still falls under the "actor wanted to leave"category. As does Jadzia Dax on DS9. Terry Farrell decided not to return for the show's final season. And although I would argue that Dax was a much more important character than Yar and so her death meant much more, she still wasn't the lead.

The point still stands. Kirk, Picard, Sisko, etc. got themselves into life threatening situations on a weekly basis but were never really in any more danger of actually dying than Cassian will be on his show.

Quote Originally Posted by lister View Post
    And the Yar situation still falls under the "actor wanted to leave"category.
    Didn't know that. Not really a trekkie.

Always find it amazing when an actor gets a nice gig like that and then gets ants in their pants, only to completely scupper their career.

Quote Originally Posted by lister View Post
    The point still stands. Kirk, Picard, Sisko, etc. got themselves into life threatening situations on a weekly basis but were never really in any more danger of actually dying than Cassian will be on his show.
    Agreed.

Although, speaking Star Trek, kid me was gobsmacked when they killed Spock. That scene still works on me.

Of course, they brought him back for III and undid everything.

Quote Originally Posted by CellBlock1138 View Post
    Didn't know that. Not really a trekkie.

Always find it amazing when an actor gets a nice gig like that and then gets ants in their pants, only to completely scupper their career.

Agreed.

Although, speaking Star Trek, kid me was gobsmacked when they killed Spock. That scene still works on me.

Of course, they brought him back for III and undid everything.
    Well back at early tng it wasn't a sweet gig. Low pay crappy sets and a long work day. She had also got the role for the female lead in Pet Semetary so it wasn't a bad decision.

She also has had a decsent filmography since then so it wasn't all bad.

What I thought was funny about TNG, was that they made the Command a Red shirt! lol
    Which changed that whole concept of it going forward.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456