Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cassian Andor TV series - 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Really? This makes perfect sense considering that movie was the only one Fan approved. And that for the most art everyone liked it.
    Gives them another chance to mine been there done that in the era they see hell bent on staying in.

Fortunately I took R1 as a one and done, thus have no interest/reason to watch this. Especially since I didn't really care much for Cassian.
    I guess it will also depend on which OT characters make a cameo to entice those holdouts, or guest cast certain Rebels characters for those wanting something different.
    Another reason is that I'm not gonna sign up and pay extra for a service just to watch it. If they also do this for the Mandalorian, then they will have successfully lost me as a viewer.
    lol do you like anything?

It's going to be cheaper than Netflix (I'm guessing 5 bucks) and you're at minimum getting 2 Star Wars series, another season of Clone Wars, the Loki series and some other rumored Marvel stuff. You can just cancel when you've watched what you want to see.
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

Really? This makes perfect sense considering that movie was the only one Fan approved. And that for the most art everyone liked it.
    Gives them another chance to mine been there done that in the era they see hell bent on staying in.

Fortunately I took R1 as a one and done, thus have no interest/reason to watch this. Especially since I didn't really care much for Cassian.
    I guess it will also depend on which OT characters make a cameo to entice those holdouts, or guest cast certain Rebels characters for those wanting something different.
    Another reason is that I'm not gonna sign up and pay extra for a service just to watch it. If they also do this for the Mandalorian, then they will have successfully lost me as a viewer.
    What about Star Wars do you actually enjoy?

This is relatively good news and completely out of the blue as well.

'Rogue One' is the only thing that has kept me interested in Diswars. Nothing else they've done has been good and Gareth Edwards' film is the only thing that has come close to feeling like the original Star Wars, so I'm delighted to hear this.

Also, I like Andor. His character, almost, singlehandedly took the Rebellion out of its goodytwoshoes state and opened out into a more realistic organisation. Andor killing informers and willing to perform assassinations brought a certain "realism" to the Rebellion and it was very welcome. I'd like to see more of that in the TV series. Make it adult orientated, the kids already have their cartoons.

Also, if Tudyk returns, it could make for some great buddy interactions.

The major problem here though, is that we already know Cassian Andor's fate on Scarrif. So, that may create a certain eventual redundancy with the whole show?

To be honest, with this and 'The Mandalorian' TV show, things are potentially looking up for Diswars...TV wise anyway...assuming they don't blow it.

Quote Originally Posted by CellBlock1138 View Post
    This is relatively good news and completely out of the blue as well.

'Rogue One' is the only thing that has kept me interested in Diswars. Nothing else they've done has been good and Gareth Edwards' film is the only thing that has come close to feeling like the original Star Wars, so I'm delighted to hear this.

Also, I like Andor. His character, almost, singlehandedly took the Rebellion out of its goodytwoshoes state and opened out into a more realistic organisation. Andor killing informers and willing to perform assassinations brought a certain "realism" to the Rebellion and it was very welcome. I'd like to see more of that in the TV series. Make it adult orientated, the kids already have their cartoons.

Also, if Tudyk returns, it could make for some great buddy interactions.

The major problem here though, is that we already know Cassian Andor's fate on Scarrif. So, that may create a certain eventual redundancy with the whole show?

To be honest, with this and 'The Mandalorian' TV show, things are potentially looking up for Diswars...TV wise anyway...assuming they don't blow it.
    That crossed my mind too. What they need to do is create new characters that we can invest in and care about that interact with Cassian. That way their fate and well being has some weight to it.

Seriously cannot wait for this show.

Lol can't wait till the series is finished and I can do a marathon with this R1 and ANH

That's awesome..
    I loved rogue 1....
    Will be signing up for the streaming service..

Quote Originally Posted by HothHan View Post
    What about Star Wars do you actually enjoy?
    Well, something not stuck in the OT era for starters. Would be nice to get something good that is set in a new era with new characters.
    Secondly, just because I don't care much for Cassian as a character. It means that I don't like anything Star Wars? No, it means he simply doesn't interest me, so a show about him doesn't either. There was plenty in R1 that I would have been interested in. Like oh IDK, Chirrut and Baze's stories/adventures. Or how about some cool looking Aliens they never like to showcase. No offense, but I'm bored to death with Humans. I'm watching shows based in a different Galaxy for crying out loud...

Everything I like about Star Wars I already own, so I can watch them anytime for free. Having to sign up and pay for a service to watch everything single thing might appeal to others, but it doesn't appeal to me. I'm already signed up with enough of them just to watch my current shows, I just can't justify adding more.

It' that simple, not everyone likes every single thing as everyone else does.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Well, something not stuck in the OT era for starters. Would be nice to get something good that is set in a new era with new characters.
    Secondly, just because I don't care much for Cassian as a character. It means that I don't like anything Star Wars? No, it means he simply doesn't interest me, so a show about him doesn't either. There was plenty in R1 that I would have been interested in. Like oh IDK, Chirrut and Baze's stories/adventures. Or how about some cool looking Aliens they never like to showcase. No offense, but I'm bored to death with Humans. I'm watching shows based in a different Galaxy for crying out loud...

Everything I like about Star Wars I already own, so I can watch them anytime for free. Having to sign up and pay for a service to watch everything single thing might appeal to others, but it doesn't appeal to me. I'm already signed up with enough of them just to watch my current shows, I just can't justify adding more.

It' that simple, not everyone likes every single thing as everyone else does.
    I meant in a general sense. You don't seem to like any of the figures...the movies...the shows...

Edit: just for the record I know that I'm a miserable sum***** that hates TLJ and takes every chance to say it.
    Last edited by HothHan; 11-09-2018 at 09:17 PM.

The Mandolorain, The GoT duo’s show, and this all feels like an unofficial admittance on Disney’s part that the brand of basic, lazy, completely reliant on PC gimmick-ridden, and extremely patronizing nuSW of Kathy’s does not work. Not because the leads may be women and not because of ethnic diversity of leads— but the audience can see through the shallowness of this Sequel and Solo and are rejecting it for weak, sloppy and lazy production. Corporations can only accuse the audience of racism/sexism/bigotry for so long before they admit gimmicks are not bringing in the profits they’re after. Good stories and characters are what will bring and keep the audience coming back. And these shows seem to be the result of that realization. Lots of potential here. We shall see.

I’m so bored of this infinite lingering in OT-purgitory. But RO was supreme, with solid characters. As much as I adore RO, Diego was the weakest link, but that’s from such a solid cast, even down to the minor “characters”, like Lyra and Mon Mothma etc. Everyone involved was solid. So a show of that period in time, spawns a lot of potential with some very interesting individuals to showcase. Diego/Cassian would only be their connection, so the show doesn’t need to focus on him at all times-- and for all stores. And if some of the other established characters/actors are returning— maybe even Gareth as director, this can only be a good sign. With a series-format— and hopefully a generous budget, Gareth’s slow-burn storytelling/characterization signature would be ideal. These shows need to look grand and epic visually, with stunning cinematography, supreme production design overall. Just like they can’t rely on PC-gimmicks for success, these shows can’t rely on familiarity of the OT-era to ensure success. I don’t want to see the production-value of filming this in the backyard vistas (like ROTJ)…

Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    The Mandolorain, The GoT duo’s show, and this all feels like an unofficial admittance on Disney’s part that the brand of basic, lazy, completely reliant on PC gimmick-ridden, and extremely patronizing nuSW of Kathy’s does not work. Not because the leads may be women and not because of ethnic diversity of leads— but the audience can see through the shallowness of this Sequel and Solo and are rejecting it for weak, sloppy and lazy production. Corporations can only accuse the audience of racism/sexism/bigotry for so long before they admit gimmicks are not bringing in the profits they’re after. Good stories and characters are what will bring and keep the audience coming back. And these shows seem to be the result of that realization. Lots of potential here. We shall see.

I’m so bored of this infinite lingering in OT-purgitory. But RO was supreme, with solid characters. As much as I adore RO, Diego was the weakest link, but that’s from such a solid cast, even down to the minor “characters”, like Lyra and Mon Mothma etc. Everyone involved was solid. So a show of that period in time, spawns a lot of potential with some very interesting individuals to showcase. Diego/Cassian would only be their connection, so the show doesn’t need to focus on him at all times-- and for all stores. And if some of the other established characters/actors are returning— maybe even Gareth as director, this can only be a good sign. With a series-format— and hopefully a generous budget, Gareth’s slow-burn storytelling/characterization signature would be ideal. These shows need to look grand and epic visually, with stunning cinematography, supreme production design overall. Just like they can’t rely on PC-gimmicks for success, these shows can’t rely on familiarity of the OT-era to ensure success. I don’t want to see the production-value of filming this in the backyard vistas (like ROTJ)…
    Not sure how Diego Luna was a weak link at all. Cassian Andor was one of the most refreshing new characters in Star Wars in a long time. I like the fact that he's just a field operative for the Rebellion. A guy doing his job, like the thousands (millions?) of others in a paramilitary organisation. He also has a genuine character arc (if I can use that dumb term), in that he goes from a cold, trained, assassin to understanding the bigger picture, in terms of Jyn and Galen Erso and the necessity to eliminate an arbitrarily destructive weapon such as the Death Star. His death on the beach with Jyn was excellently handled as well. There's no lovey dovey shite, it's just two people that have a real understanding, he offers a moment of comfort and nothing else needs to be elaborated on. A subtlety that is sorely missing from a lot of movies, especially where leading men and women are concerned. It's an immensely well handled scene, from the set piece, the acting, the music. It's one of the finest scenes in any Star Wars film. In fact, the Darth Vader kick *** scene that follows it (as much as I like it) kind of acts as an anti-climax in comparison.

As for Gareth being a director, or even showrunner, I'd be well up for that. He is the ONLY one that has got Star Wars, out of the current crop, and I include the likes of Filoni in that as well. His direction of 'Rogue One', Kennedy sanctioned reshoots aside, was superb. He really does understand Imperial period Star Wars. So, he'd be a perfect fit to oversee a Cassian Andor TV series and the period it's set in.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast