Thread: Some unfortunate news on my lego collection

Some unfortunate news on my lego collection

I had a flood in my home, many of my lego boxes were destroyed, I do not even know how to put value on this. The sets were built, but I kept the boxes, manuals etc.. in mint condition, now all the instructions and boxes have been water damaged. How do I go about putting value on this? I was thinking of comparing sets on ebay built with no box and built with box and manual.

Some of the notables were the death star 2, the UCS sandcrawler, UCS tie fighter, rancor pit, new UCS falcon etc.. its pretty terrible as I know a lot of these are hard to replace.

Anyways if anyone can direct me towards some sites which may help other than ebay on how to put a value on this I would definitely appreciate it!

Sorry to hear that. The easiest way is probably checking bricklink for values of instructions and boxes individually.

Some unfortunate news on my lego collection

Quote Originally Posted by Wookie_Cookies View Post
    I had a flood in my home, many of my lego boxes were destroyed, I do not even know how to put value on this. The sets were built, but I kept the boxes, manuals etc.. in mint condition, now all the instructions and boxes have been water damaged. How do I go about putting value on this? I was thinking of comparing sets on ebay built with no box and built with box and manual.

Some of the notables were the death star 2, the UCS sandcrawler, UCS tie fighter, rancor pit, new UCS falcon etc.. its pretty terrible as I know a lot of these are hard to replace.

Anyways if anyone can direct me towards some sites which may help other than ebay on how to put a value on this I would definitely appreciate it!
    Sorry to hear about the flood, that sucks! If your trying to get current value of sets eBay sold items averaged should get that. If you want MSRP there’s an app called brick by brick that will give you that. Really depends what your insurance company is going to cover.
    Last edited by ThunderCracker; 11-06-2018 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutt View Post
    Sorry to hear that. The easiest way is probably checking bricklink for values of instructions and boxes individually.
    Agreed on both counts - horrible news and Bricklink is your friend

But at least you're having to replace the cheapest part of the set.

Bricklink will have an instruction and original box entry for every set, and sellers as well. Itll be a ball ache but you can do it.
    LEGO Star Wars content manager - Rebelscum
    LEGO Star Wars forum administrator - Rebelscum
    RLFM Representative - LEGO Ambassador Network

That's so awful to hear!

thanks for the help guys, been a busy few days with demo and drying things out before repairs start, but I will certainly be looking into those. What kind of sick person am I when I see water flowing out of my sons room, running down the outside walls of the house, and my first thought to my mind is oh crap... my lego boxes! haha. I am going to bag them before putting into storage from now on, that would have saved them is my guess. Live and learn, at least it did not hit my main collectibles room.
    Last edited by Wookie_Cookies; 11-09-2018 at 03:15 PM.