Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Celebration Chicago: Photo-Ops

Celebration Chicago: Photo-Ops

Discuss the professional photo opportunities for attending celebrities here.
    Convention Autographs & Internet Sales - Official Pix by C2 Ventures
    Administrator - The Registry
    Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
    President - Tampa Star Wars Club

Can Official Pix put in a bid for the Cele. job? I heard on the way to the airport at the last one in Orlando, that Disney picked Tops because it was cheaper, well it seems like Tops was a disaster at Orlando! I did not purchase any autographs. I hope Official Pix has a chance to compete for the job this time! excellent service!

Quote Originally Posted by jjawa3 View Post
    Can Official Pix put in a bid for the Cele. job? I heard on the way to the airport at the last one in Orlando, that Disney picked Tops because it was cheaper, well it seems like Tops was a disaster at Orlando! I did not purchase any autographs. I hope Official Pix has a chance to compete for the job this time! excellent service!
    I was told recently by someone at Official Pix that they were offered the job for Celebration Orlando, but they turned it down. If I had to guess why, it was because Anne Neumann is full time at Rancho Obi-Wan, and she seemed to do the lion's share of all the work with the volunteers/crew in the autograph area. I would love to see them have it again (they did an amazing job), but I don't think we will ever see that again.
    Last edited by bf3000; 12-02-2018 at 10:06 PM.

I believe Reed handles the bidding on the different venues. TOPPS has the rights to reproduce and sell the photos, OPIX does not any more. TOPPS paid a LOT more for that than OPIC ever did in the past. I'm not sure how it would work with OPIX running the auto section and having to use TOPPS photos. I really think they come hand in hand. OPIX had Tracy take over running the auto sections the last couple of times OPIX was running the auto section and did just fine so it has nothing to do with Anne. OPIX did give TOPPS advice on how to operate and TOPPS ignored all that advice. I also hear some TOPPS staff were fired because of of the fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by bf3000 View Post
    I was told recently by someone at Official Pix that they were offered the job for Celebration Orlando, but they turned it down. If I had to guess why, it was because Anne Neumann is full time at Rancho Obi-Wan, and she seemed to do the lion's share of all the work with the volunteers/crew in the autograph area. I would love to see them have it again (they did an amazing job), but I don't think we will ever see that again.
    I seek Yoda. Collect him I must. Sell to me your production and preproduction Yoda items you will. Vintage it is, yes yes. Mmm hehehe.

Topps contracted Epic Photo Ops for Orlando 2017. They couldn't handle the autograph section I would hate to see them try to do the photo ops as well. Epic was well organized and ran very smoothly. They did take a lot of abuse due to Topss failure though.
    www.heroministries.org

"To me, She's royalty!"

It's always funny to read all the different rumors that surround certain decisions and to see how bits and pieces of facts make their way onto the internet. Just so everyone is on the same page and not wondering or speculating...

We were asked to produce the Autograph Hall for the last several Celebrations (since Anaheim) and declined to do so for a few reasons. Since Disney took over the Star Wars brand, it made it increasingly difficult to get things approved and the price of actually having a license to produce product jumped up in cost so much so that it literally made no financial sense to continue down that road. We did not need the license to produce the Autograph Hall at any Celebration, but overall, it certainly made it easier. We had an awesome run for about 15 years, but decided it was time to move on. This decicion had nothing to do with any of our volunteer coordination either. Volunteers were obviously a big part of our program, but the people who were managing that portion of the company were not running the entire Autograph Hall by any means. There were multiple other things going on behind the scenes and we had it down to a science between the autographs & photo ops. Lines were never going to be short for headliners, so naturally, some customers were always going to be frustrated about how much time they were going to spend waiting to meet their favorite actors, but the system we had in place worked and worked very well.

Now, we continue with business as usual at Official Pix. We still do signings with many of the same actors and have ventured into other genres conducting more than 100 signings each year. The only difference is we aren't producing licensed Star Wars photographs. Mark Hamill & Anthony Daniels are still our clients and work with us like always. We offer the official Autograph Pre-Order & Send-In Service for some of the largest pop culture events in the world along with our private signings, so Official Pix is alive and well. We're just not solely focused on Star Wars anymore.
    Convention Autographs & Internet Sales - Official Pix by C2 Ventures
    Administrator - The Registry
    Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
    President - Tampa Star Wars Club

I thank you for being at the Cele.s in the past! I was able to get my pictures and autographs in reasonable time and enjoyed the organization and professional work of the staff! I probably won't be getting in the lines of upcoming Cele's. because I have most of what I want and will use your send in program for any other autographs I may want! just one less line , Thanks for the explanation!

While attending my first Celebration in Orlando at CV, I volunteered for Official Pix. I enjoyed every minute
    in working with their staff. It was definitely one of many highlights.
    In terms of waiting in line for autographs. No matter how long I have to wait, I've always stated that it is
    the fans with similar interest that help pass the time away. But remember, I've been collecting signatures
    since the 80's and do not let the issue of the waiting game deter my love for meeting our guest.
    " . . . it is you, whom I seek, to bring balance to the force."

Here's the link for the home page of photo op/autograph guests. Tickets purchased thru EPIC Photos Ops (Yes Autographs purchased there too.)

https://store.epicphotoops.com/star-...n-chicago/2019

Click on the guest you want and see the choices and times and prices. You'll be able to add to cart from the guest page.

Reed Pop is using the same interface as C2E2 a few weeks before. My purchase there was easy.
    Last edited by Antman; 02-12-2019 at 01:32 AM.
    James Earl Jones: "I've one thing to say to people like you...I like Star Wars too!"

The Big Bang Theory-Season 7, Episode 14

Photo ops and autos are now for sale. Just secured mine with Peter Mayhew. Can’t wait!!

https://www.starwarscelebration.com/...s02i20BacJRIy8
    Wanted: Jawa sample proofs,a textured cape Leia, and any Boushh proofs. I'm also currently looking for a 21 ESB back Leia Organa proof. I have cash and many great trade items!
    My Feedback:http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1070625/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast