Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Celebration Chicago: VIP Tickets

Figure I'll post here, WTB 2 VIP passes in case someone's selling. Sadly missed out.

So I'm really stumped here on selling and being protected because if the buyer pays via paypal and I do the ownership transfer thru reedpop, I'm hoping there's no way paypal would side with them if they claimed they didn't get them or if they got sick and chose not to attend last minute.

I wanted to use VIP for the first time, but with wedding planning/expenses it just made more sense to sell my pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeinator View Post
    So I'm really stumped here on selling and being protected because if the buyer pays via paypal and I do the ownership transfer thru reedpop, I'm hoping there's no way paypal would side with them if they claimed they didn't get them or if they got sick and chose not to attend last minute.

I wanted to use VIP for the first time, but with wedding planning/expenses it just made more sense to sell my pair.
    There is a page on facebook where you can sell or buy celebration tickets , incase you didn't know ..

Quote Originally Posted by clonetrooper10 View Post
    There is a page on facebook where you can sell or buy celebration tickets , incase you didn't know ..
    Yep I saw, but I’m more curious about thoughts as staying protected as a seller.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeinator View Post
    Yep I saw, but I’m more curious about thoughts as staying protected as a seller.
    Maybe wait until you have them in hand then send recorded delivery so you can get a copy of the signature/proof of delivery from the buyer?

wait until you have the tickets. its just easier, especially with the value of vip. as someone whos bought vip 2 seperate years....the in hand after was the easiest buy, the prebuy transfer was more nerve racking and took months more of communication for me to feel secure.

There is enough demand for VIP tickets that you should be able to dictate the terms of payment and shipping.

For example, require that the buyer send you a money order or certified check. Then ship the passes certified mail with insurance and a signature required to guarantee proof that the buyer received them.

If the buyer doesn't agree to all of that, move on to one of the next 1000+ people in line to buy them from you.
    Go mbíodh an fhórsa leat

Mousedroid speaks the truth, I 100% agree with him.

My only concern about selling VIP badges is that when you go to check in to the VIP room, what if your name isn't on the list?
    Last edited by Spiffy; 01-20-2019 at 02:17 PM.

Last couple celebrations (Anaheim, Orlando), the gifts were tied to the name on the account. So you had to check in a room and they looked up your name to hand over your lanyard, art print, program, poster, etc.

If the original buyer doesn't transfer the tickets to your name with Reed Pop, I don't know what happens. Maybe you get nothing, maybe they do something? Not sure as I've been the original purchaser for my tickets.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast