Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Celebration Chicago: Transportation

Quote Originally Posted by deathstar1000 View Post
    Careful with that reserved parking. I believe on read somewhere, that people at C2E2 had problems with it. They had to wait well over an hour for a spot to open up in some cases.
    They shouldn't be over selling the parking areas if you have reserved and paid ahead , but this is Chicago and anything goes when it comes to money. The greed of it all!!!

Anyone had any experience with shuttles at events like these? How early am I going to need to line up to wait for a shuttle?

Quote Originally Posted by Lam View Post
    Anyone had any experience with shuttles at events like these? How early am I going to need to line up to wait for a shuttle?
    If you are in a downtown hotel, I would give yourself plenty of time to be one of the first people on the shuttle. Since a good amount of the hotels are grouped together and too far to walk to McCormick Place, I would expect a lot of people. Would an extra hour early be a fair amount of time?

Keep in mind, Chicago still has traffic and street lights, so expect a slower commute to the convention center.
    James Earl Jones: "I've one thing to say to people like you...I like Star Wars too!"

The Big Bang Theory-Season 7, Episode 14

Quote Originally Posted by clonetrooper10 View Post
    Yea you might want to prepay and reserve your parking ahead of time or you may have a hard time finding something close.
    Yep, that's what I did. Got a spot at McCormick itself. Thanks!
    I changed my signature because Hasbro is never going to make Tikkes.

Quote Originally Posted by Antman View Post
    If you are in a downtown hotel, I would give yourself plenty of time to be one of the first people on the shuttle. Since a good amount of the hotels are grouped together and too far to walk to McCormick Place, I would expect a lot of people. Would an extra hour early be a fair amount of time?

Keep in mind, Chicago still has traffic and street lights, so expect a slower commute to the convention center.
    Yikes! An hour. I think my hotel is only 2 miles away! Might by faster just walking, but who knows what the weather will be like there in two weeks.
    Last edited by Lam; 03-29-2019 at 11:23 AM.

There are always plenty of taxis and Uber/Lyft. If you can afford the extra dollars spent. There are also trains/buses down to convention center area.

Edit: Found this article on the Chicago Tribune website. The Wintrust Arena is hosting NCAA College basketball this weekend. The article points out the public transportation trains and buses and the corresponding stops. Very helpful info.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...326-story.html
    Last edited by Antman; 03-29-2019 at 11:52 AM.
    James Earl Jones: "I've one thing to say to people like you...I like Star Wars too!"

The Big Bang Theory-Season 7, Episode 14

The weather here in Chicago here is always up and down, but you have to take the fact the city is right off of the lake so it is actually cooler in the city than in the farther burbs. So it would be wise to bring a sweatshirt or a light coat. The wind will cut right through you when you stand outside.

With the weather changing all the time lately, esp. in the Midwest area, a roll up poncho may be good to get. I picked up one years ago at the first Orlando Cele. I have felt the wind off the lake in Chicago and(in winter) it's so cold it burns! but I'm sure Hoth-like weather will not be in order in April! but be prepared.

Parking secured. I hope to park and not move until I go home...
    "The Sith don't own my soul... They just lease it from time to time with an option to buy."

Will your vehicle be on display?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast