Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Celebration Chicago: Hotels

All of you are lucky to be so close! I'm at Palmer House abt. 2 miles away, and like Jedieddy, I'm a Force ghost, saw Star Wars when I was a sophomore in college. Am I getting too old for this? When is the Star Wars 50th anniv.?(or will there be one?)

I'm at the Palmer House and we won't have a problem recognizing each other!
    Wearing 501st and RL garb.
    " . . . it is you, whom I seek, to bring balance to the force."

Glad I'm not alone(I deal with the ghosts!) I will arrive Tues, wearing my Tatooine traders hoodie. I hope I'm not too out of place for the Palmer House!

Has anyone been to the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, to know if it's truly well connected (by a bridge or any such thing) to where Celebration will be? Now that maps are published and the picture is coming clearer, I'm beginning to think that the Hyatt Regency isn't that well connected to the con. The Marriott seems better. And will any of these connecting bridges even be of use? Or will the con keep them closed in the mornings to make everyone enter from outside the building?

Quote Originally Posted by theottomanguy View Post
    Has anyone been to the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, to know if it's truly well connected (by a bridge or any such thing) to where Celebration will be? Now that maps are published and the picture is coming clearer, I'm beginning to think that the Hyatt Regency isn't that well connected to the con. The Marriott seems better. And will any of these connecting bridges even be of use? Or will the con keep them closed in the mornings to make everyone enter from outside the building?
    That will be a disaster if they keep them closed. They only had 1 entrance in Orlando and it took several hours for the queue to go through. If this one is really, truly sold out like they claim, they better have every entrance available for people to enter.

They may keep the skywalks closed due to the security check area .they may want only one security entrance and that could be at ground level. here comes a bottleneck and possible traffic jam unless there's room for everyone to stand outside the building.

Quote Originally Posted by epsilonjedi View Post
    That will be a disaster if they keep them closed. They only had 1 entrance in Orlando and it took several hours for the queue to go through. If this one is really, truly sold out like they claim, they better have every entrance available for people to enter.
    Good point.
    " . . . it is you, whom I seek, to bring balance to the force."

I had a bank error in my favor, had reservations for the Marriot Marquis from 4/12 - 4/15. Checked my reservation today and it's now check-in on 4/11 - 4/15. We won't have to change hotels now, yeah!

It wouldn't be the first time that skybridges were renderred useless at one of these things. I always look to stay in the connected hotel, and it rarely works out. More often that not nowadays, the bridges are closed for whatever reason of the day (or none) is offered. And, that's especially true in the morning, when it matters most to me. Sometimes they'll only open them after the entry rush, depending on the venue. And no one ever offers any info on what to expect in time to decide whether or not to blow money on a connected hotel that's actually more steps from the entrance than other options. So, I'd still be interested to hear from anyone who's been to this place who can say what it's like.

According to the email I just received answering some of the questions VIPs posed to the concierge, the walkway from the Marriot into Wintrust will be closed and the only entrance to Wintrust will be the Southwest Entrance. Didn't say anything about any other walkways.
    Last edited by WangoJango; 04-04-2019 at 06:10 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast