Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Poe Dameron

Not to be contrarian, but I don't think that looks any more like Oscar Isaac. However I do know these promo pics are often awful. I look forward to seeing pics from the floor - but I still don't know if this is worth an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by darth_sidious View Post
    I agree, Poe looks good, but so does the TBS version and the TLJ basic version. Will you honestly purchase all these TVC rehashed figures with slight deco changes? Seems like a sure fire way to bring the line to a halt.
    I didn't purchase them the first time around because Ive always felt 3.75 faces look like melted crayons. So I avoid them. But now that they'll actually look like the actors and actresses, let alone human beings lol, I'll be all over these for sure.

I'm already making a wish list of vehicles and diorama bits I'm gonna need to go with them. Why is the 5poa Poe and Resistance X wing so expensive lol? From 2015.
    Last edited by GalaxyShot; 10-31-2018 at 02:27 PM.

Because all Star Wars vehicles have become overpriced. Hasbro has a simple formula....lower the quality/increase the price, count on the fact that we don’t bail.
    “What’s a Star War?”

Great, yet another BRAND NEW figures for 6", another repack for TVC. That makes 2 repacks for TVC in the last two brand new reveals for 6", this is supposed to somehow be exciting? I actually thought the original Black Series Poe was fine, obviously the photo real looks great, but they should have done this to an ANH Luke Skywalker or Han Solo. Gives us figures that haven't been offered in the last freaking year Hasbro to develop some REAL interest. If you insist on repacks, for the love of God, STOP GIVING US FIGURES WE JUST GOT! This is the ultimate definition of shooting yourself in the foot, there has to be way more NEW in TVC to outweigh these repacks, however necessary they are deemed to be.

Good face, but essentially another repack. I essentially have this. Pass.

As far as Haslab goes, I believe a vote-system could work. So you’d have to wait 18 months? What, like opposed to the new figures we’re getting at retail every other week now? Try anything, because anything is better than the zilch going on with TVC now.

CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS!!! Seriously, how many more OT TVC remakes or variants do we need? Jabba’s Place Luke, Endor Bondage Luke, Hoth Han with Hood Up, Hoth Han in Crispin Glover disguise with Wrench and Open Jacket, Slave Leia with cup, Slave Leia with Poncho and Hat, and so on and so forth. It’s been beyond the point of absurdity for years. I’m THRILLED to add NEW media characters to my carded collection. I’m equally baffled by the notion that TFA is “quite a few years old now” with the obvious inference that this is a slot that could have been filled instead by a character from a portion of the film series that concluded in 1983.

Now give us Finn, Jedi Rey, BB-8 and LET THE PAST DIE!!!

News flash, they've already released those figures in all three lines the last few years! So, IMO, there's no hurry to reissue them so soon. If they want to concentrate on the new media, fine. But they had damn well better be new figures, not freaking repacks from last year! That's the freaking point here...
    After all there is more than just Kylo, Poe, Finn, Jyn and Rey in those damn new movies.

Quote Originally Posted by SaberSonic83 View Post
    Great, yet another BRAND NEW figures for 6", another repack for TVC. That makes 2 repacks for TVC in the last two brand new reveals for 6", this is supposed to somehow be exciting?
    And people have the nerve to say that Hasbro isn't trying to convert us? lol
    Sadly they wont be getting me, when SA3.75" ends, I leave the hobby. And TBH, I'm thinking about not even buying anymore 6" figures period. I've been picking up the Clone Commanders, and EU characters. But if they're going to continue in this manner for TVC. I'll just stop supporting it the competing line altogether. Spite much? IDK...
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    News flash, they've already released those figures in all three lines the last few years! So, IMO, there's no hurry to reissue them so soon. If they want to concentrate on the new media, fine. But they had damn well better be new figures, not freaking repacks from last year! That's the freaking point here...
    After all there is more than just Kylo, Poe, Finn, Jyn and Rey in those damn new movies.
    The people who are buying these primarily for the packaging, like myself, don’t care about or want random background alien 421 from Maz’s crib. I haven’t been a loose collector in about a dozen years so it’s more important for me to have primary and key secondary character representation when I wallpaper my man cave with carded TVC figures. News flash, the key selling point of TVC is the retro packaging AND the super articulation. The best representation of memorable and necessary characters AND the ideal SW packaging type.

And people have the nerve to say that Hasbro isn't trying to convert us? lol
    Sadly they wont be getting me, when SA3.75" ends, I leave the hobby. And TBH, I'm thinking about not even buying anymore 6" figures period. I've been picking up the Clone Commanders, and EU characters. But if they're going to continue in this manner for TVC. I'll just stop supporting it the competing line altogether. Spite much? IDK...
    No one cares. The people here, screaming into the wind? We’re all just a drop of p155 in a hailstorm. Largely irrelevant to the long term health of the industry, if not an outright impediment.

At first, I was excited for this. Then I had a thought. Why is this NOT Poe in his jacket? We STILL haven't gotten that damn figure and it should be easy enough to kitbash
    Last edited by DagMarus; 11-01-2018 at 08:33 AM.
    Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

Quote Originally Posted by Agen_Kolar View Post
    Not to be contrarian, but I don't think that looks any more like Oscar Isaac. However I do know these promo pics are often awful. I look forward to seeing pics from the floor - but I still don't know if this is worth an upgrade.
    I agree. I'm apparently not seeing what everyone else is seeing in terms of how great this likeness is. Do we even know for sure if this is a photo real sculpt or is everyone just assuming?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast