Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Poe Dameron

Quote Originally Posted by Internets View Post
    A-Wings. The over reliance on OT iconography is one of my least favourite things about the ST.
    Yup........

Without its decades of Star Wars iconography, what makes it Star Wars? You might as well just start a new space franchise and call it “Galaxy Adventure” or “Aeon Quest” or something.

You guys pick and choose how you argue, as long as it undermines the OT. So, Rey is an unsophisticated farm girl who wouldn’t change her clothes from movie to movie, but the Resistance wouldn’t have residual A-wings in their fleet?

Obviously, any new Star Wars content should offer old familiar imagery as well as creative new designs. That’s business. But be fair—Star Wars is Star Wars, and there’s a look it must maintain regardless.

Why are people here if they don’t even like the first 40 of a 42-year history?

With that said, the ST has some GREAT elements. Rey, Finn, and Poe are great characters. And the OT isn’t perfect.
    Last edited by Tulgah; 09-12-2019 at 07:42 PM.
    Did you enjoy my little storm, Ewoks?”—Morag the Tulgah Witch

Poe might not have been the best choice for a re-pack but based on the carded images I think he looks a lot better with photo-real. I really like the look of his cardback image too and nice that they included his new X-Wing on it.

I do think Hasbro made a smart choice putting him on a TROS card instead of a TFA card like they originally said they would. I think the TROS card will definitely help generate more sales of the figure.

This looks like a better choice than his Pasana (sp?) outfit. I think that would have rotted on the pegs for sure. This might but not as bad.
    I am member number 666. Execute order 66!

Orange X-wing...?
    /

Everything that's happening now, is happening now!
    /
    Last edited by DonWanKihotay; 09-13-2019 at 06:42 PM.
    It is the mission of each true Jedi Knight... His duty... nay, his privilege!
    To dream, the impossible dream... To fight, the uneatable foe... To reach the unreachable star!
    This is my quest, to follow that star. No matter how hopeless, no matter how far.

That’s a nice product. Quite nice!
    Did you enjoy my little storm, Ewoks?”—Morag the Tulgah Witch

The realistic paint job makes it look a little better, but I dislike that sculpt. I'd love to see them apply that tech to the TLJ Ski Speeder Poe. That was the best likeness we've gotten for him.
    Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

I keep eyeing that X-wing behind him. That thing looks sharp!
    Last edited by sharky; 09-16-2019 at 03:43 PM.
    Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, "l'll go a little later, I'll go a littler later..." And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

I don't know Orange Leader / Orange Squadron just doesn't ring right. Can we go with Tangerine Leader instead!
    Did he just paint it to match Happy-Beeps BB-8?

Last edited by DonWanKihotay; 09-16-2019 at 07:30 PM.
    It is the mission of each true Jedi Knight... His duty... nay, his privilege!
    To dream, the impossible dream... To fight, the uneatable foe... To reach the unreachable star!
    This is my quest, to follow that star. No matter how hopeless, no matter how far.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast