Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

R2-D2 - ANH

Yakface hinting that an ANH R2-D2 re-pack is coming to TVC next year:
    http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2018/1...pack-for-2019/

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSquadSev11 View Post
    Yakface hinting that an ANH R2-D2 re-pack is coming to TVC next year:
    http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2018/1...pack-for-2019/
    What do you guys thing? Force link sculpt on a vintage card for twice the price?

Is the head on chewie new? I know he’s a repack but he somehow looks better. His legs look like they are spread apart better. I might actually get him and ditch my other chewie’s. Just get down to one.
    Last edited by Maverick10126; 10-26-2018 at 12:11 PM.
    “What’s a Star War?”

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick10126 View Post
    What do you guys thing? Force link sculpt on a vintage card for twice the price?

Is the head on chewie new? I know he’s a repack but he somehow looks better. His legs look like they are spread apart better. I might actually get him and ditch my other chewie’s. Just get down to one.
    No, probably the Black Series version minus the rocket boosters. The Chewie has the same headsculpt as the BS ANH one, just better paint apps. Hands down my favourite Chewie and will be buying one for my BMF.

Wow, another repack for 3.75" and a new figure for 6".
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick10126 View Post

Or the bartender VC one. No current R2 I really want repacked.

Chewie is the TBS one...which itself is a retool of VOTC one. Paint looks far superior and hopefully it won't be crosseyed.
    Vedain, 8D8, Klaatu, Lak Sivrak, Barada, Tessek, EV-9D9, Yotts Orren, Velken Tezeri, Fozec... Dreaming

Quote Originally Posted by Idpullthecurtain View Post
    When Hasbro reveal a TVC repack, why on earth don’t they release an image of the packaging. Since that’s the only new part. What are they actually “revealing” if they don’t show that new part.
    I would love to see what card the Chewbacca is coming on.
    I believe he's coming on his ANH cardback with the Falcon in the background

Posted this elsewhere, but feel it applies here too.

I realize this R2 repack ticks a box for some people. However, it could have literally been any unreleased Astro and I'd have been 100% happier! After all an Astro is an Astro aside from the paint deco. So it was a perfect opportunity to get something newish(repaint), while at the same time Hasbro saves Money. Right?

What Astro Droids do we still need from the Movies that could have simply utilized a repaint? I mean really, it's been how long since Hasbro release a sinlge Droid on a cardback, and it's an R2 repack??? ugh...
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Really wish they'd come out with some kind of limited small figure sub-line with a cheaper price point. Astromechs should all be released in the star wars universe line and stuff like jawas,ewoks, etc should be multipacks or a single card sub-line.
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    Posted this elsewhere, but feel it applies here too.

I realize this R2 repack ticks a box for some people. However, it could have literally been any unreleased Astro and I'd have been 100% happier! After all an Astro is an Astro aside from the paint deco. So it was a perfect opportunity to get something newish(repaint), while at the same time Hasbro saves Money. Right?

What Astro Droids do we still need from the Movies that could have simply utilized a repaint? I mean really, it's been how long since Hasbro release a sinlge Droid on a cardback, and it's an R2 repack??? ugh...
    That's a really good point. There are tons of R2 droids that never had a vintage carded release. I'm with you. It would have been nice to get something new in that dept.
    Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, "l'll go a little later, I'll go a littler later..." And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast