Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: R2-D2 - ANH

Quote Originally Posted by ManWalrus View Post
    I’m of two minds about this addition. On one hand, this is fantastic for the ten people left who are still clamoring for a complete revisit of the Original 12 (most of whom I can only presume are of an advanced age, leaving me to wonder why they should be so heavily catered to but I digress). On the other hand, it would be most sensible to re-release or otherwise include the baR2-D2 accessories, though I’m sure the O12 purists would unleash a primal scream of bloody murder despite their impassioned pleas for worthwhile accessories to be packed into the bubble with this release.

Anyway, I’ve got my TVC baR2-D2 so I’m good for my collection.
    Sensible argument, but lets be honest - some of the purists aren't exactly sensible with their requests. They nitpick about the tiniest of details, and some would rather have less in the bubble simply to match the Kenner figure. This figure is dirty, so it wont match the Kenner version either, they'll likely demand a running change with different deco. I think Hasbro caters to that vocal minority because they are the cheapest figures to produce. Repacking or repainting an existing figure on a new piece of cardboard is like printing money if you can sell enough of them. For the pricepoint, it should at least be the bar R2, and it frankly should be packed with another accessory, like the Wol Cabas***** for example. Since articulation isn't my focus, I want TVC to carry a bit more value for the price they are asking.

http://www.rebelscum.com/sw04ultradenizens.asp

Quote Originally Posted by War_in_The_floor View Post
    Vac metal son
    Trruuuuuuuu. #ThisGuyGetsIt. Bring it back old school, fluff it up new school

I have only one TVC R2, which I only have because I bought from a collector on this forum so I am a buyer of several of these guys.

I am always short R2, 3pos, Chewies and Vaders. they are pretty much EVERYTHING and good versions get claimed by dioramas and themes hordes pretty quick.
    3 of those are rotating back in so. ..I'm in for at least one o each release.
    Now a GOOD 3po? well

" thats a name Ive not heard in a long time"

The all have scale or color problems
    He has to be VAC ,there is no other way that doesn't look cheap and out of place.
    Right now the titanium series is my best one even with the weird arm pose, second place is the ( legacy?) ewok one.

R2s a sometimes pass with a GOOD brushed aluminum paint color.

PASS, not excel, for that as in for ANY c3po,

VAC METAL SON
    Dea wanna wanga

Quote Originally Posted by War_in_The_floor View Post
    I am always short R2, 3pos, Chewies and Vaders. they are pretty much EVERYTHING and good versions get claimed by dioramas and themes hordes pretty quick.
    3 of those are rotating back in so. ..I'm in for at least one o each release.
    Now a GOOD 3po? well

" thats a name Ive not heard in a long time"

The all have scale or color problems
    He has to be VAC ,there is no other way that doesn't look cheap and out of place.
    Right now the titanium series is my best one even with the weird arm pose, second place is the ( legacy?) ewok one.

R2s a sometimes pass with a GOOD brushed aluminum paint color.

PASS, not excel, for that as in for ANY c3po,

VAC METAL SON
    VAC ATTACK!!!

VAC TO THE FUTURE!!!

VAC IS WHERE ITS AT!!!

Best C-3P0 paint job is still POTF2 removable limbs OR Purchase of the Droids but I dig the TVC 1.0 Sculpt - too bad he’s so small! Should look great next to fat Jabba on the BARGE though!

BACK IN VAC
    HIT THE RACK
    IT'S BEEN TOO LONG
    R2's glad to be back!!!
    Last edited by Bantha_Fodder44; 11-07-2018 at 08:03 PM.

Purchase of the droids was a great paint job. I’m looking forward to the force link two pack threepio showing up. Finally a weathered threepio again. It’s been what, over a decade since he had weathering apps.
    Anyone who helped fund me, please PM me.

Now that I think about it, it would be hot to get the Disney 40th Anniversary C-3PO and R2-D2 re-released. They looked pretty filthy and dirty is always better

Quote Originally Posted by ManWalrus View Post
    Now that I think about it, it would be hot to get the Disney 40th Anniversary C-3PO and R2-D2 re-released. They looked pretty filthy and dirty is always better
    They aren't Hasbro products. But yea it would be nice if Disney re-released them for those that slept on them the first time around.

That set is my favorite rendition of the pair.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234