Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Afa Q-grade vs regular grade (factory sealed)

Q grade I don't think grades the contents of the box just verifies everything is unused and present. The only time I think a Q grade contents matters is when the contents can vary. For example, I have a Q graded Sears cantina that says it contains a blue snaggletooth in a SW-C baggie. That mattered to me because I didn't want a red snag version (even though they're rarer).

It's more money but I have also had CAS do a custom case for some of my Q-grade type stuff. the casing is huge and a lot more expensive. I have a different Q-grade worthy Sears Cantina set at CAS now getting a custom case with all the contents displayed alongside the box. can't wait to get it back

Hmmm...I would argue that if you sent in an item for a Q grade and the vehicle or “toy” had a mass defect they would not just grade the box - the grade would decrease- if the decal sheet had 5 folds the grade would suffer- if my takara r2 super control had yellowed the grade would decrease...but I am not 100% sure on this; just what I always had thought as they go over the contents thoroughly. Anybody know about this with certainty??

I sure hope they would go through everything and make sure it is unused and in mint condition. It wouldn't make sense to give something that has turned yellow or has been damaged a high grade just because the box is still mint. My understanding os the Q grade only applies to mint and unused items that are no longer sealed in the box. They still have to be mint and unused to qualify for the Q grade.
    Last edited by Kenner76; 12-04-2018 at 09:36 AM.
    Wanted: Jawa sample proofs,a textured cape Leia, and any Boushh proofs. I'm also currently looking for a 21 ESB back Leia Organa proof. I have cash and many great trade items!
    My Feedback:http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1070625/

Quote Originally Posted by Kenner76 View Post
    I sure hope they would go through everything and make sure it is unused and in mint condition. It wouldn't make sense to give something that has turned yellow or has been damaged a high grade just because the box is still mint. My understanding os the Q grade only applies to mint and unused items that are no longer sealed in the box. They still have to be mint and unused to qualify for the Q grade.
    I agree. What good would a Q grade be if the contents were not mint? I think the assumption is when you buy a sealed item, the contents are mint and unused. I think Q grade is just a way to verify that even though the box is open, the contents are still mint and unused. If the Q-Graded broken stuff, I don't the Q Grade would be of much use.

Has to be complete and unused. You can send in an opened item and have it done, or they do it when you send in a sealed item and the seal is questionable or double taped.

Usually about a 20-30% price difference.
    ROTJ/Revenge Focus Collector - Help me complete the 79 Proof run!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12