Thread: New SW comics in general

New SW comics in general

Lots of new titles/series released in the last year or two..

Anyone else collecting, and if so, curious to see your thoughts in general.. any favs? Any dogs? Either from a collecting standpoint or just a story/fun read standpoint.

Also, any rarities here? So many variants/covers.. I can;t even keep them straight any longer.

I like the Vader storylines.. always a compelling character. Also, obviously the popularity of the Doctor Aphra character prompted a figure (Actually the droids are the real compelling characters in the Doctor Aphra series (which has been really good).

Loved the Beckett one shot.. thought that was great and the SOLO comics have been a great addition to the movies..

Curious to hear everyone else's thoughts..
    Western PA contact www.pswcs.com
    You are a meat head, dead from the neck up....a meathad.-Archie Bunker

I was always on the comic collecting side but recently, almost a year, haven't bought anything new. It's not from a lack of liking anything, I just haven't been to my local CBS to buy anything. I have been buying back Dark Horse issues to complete my collection since mine was stolen about 14 years ago. I will however be getting back into the new Marvel Series' and bringing myself and collection up to snuff. s you mentioned, there are so many covers that trying to be a completionist makes it very difficult.
    "Who's scruffy looking!?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by DC1376 View Post
    I was always on the comic collecting side but recently, almost a year, haven't bought anything new. It's not from a lack of liking anything, I just haven't been to my local CBS to buy anything. I have been buying back Dark Horse issues to complete my collection since mine was stolen about 14 years ago. I will however be getting back into the new Marvel Series' and bringing myself and collection up to snuff. s you mentioned, there are so many covers that trying to be a completionist makes it very difficult.
    Sorry to hear about the comics being stolen.. that just really sucks. I couldn't even imagine.

Yeah, as far as a completionist.. I used to be, but I had to make the decision once Marvel came out with their 100 variant covers for the SW #1 ongoing.. yeah, uh.. NO. I get the variants where I can at cover price or less, sometimes I luck out, but had to draw a line at some point. Been lucky up to that point in being patient and finding some ridiculous deals on some ones I needed to fill holes. Crazy how you can wait for years, then BAM some rarer one you need just happens to show up on ebay at a ridiculous low price. Rarely happens but when it does it's a great feeling.

As far as the new titles, it's the same as Dark Horse.. some great stories and characters, and some not so great. get through the low points, and enjoy the better stories characters, etc. when they are there.

Have fun.
    Western PA contact www.pswcs.com
    You are a meat head, dead from the neck up....a meathad.-Archie Bunker

I've been keeping up to date with all the new Marvel comics. Still a few to read yet though!

Love both Vader series and really enjoyed the original Lando 5 part and the Kanan 12 part series.

I collect the action figure variant covers where available.