Thread: where to start, after selling collection 15 years ago

where to start, after selling collection 15 years ago

looking for general advice and info on best way to start collecting again as i sold my collection around 15 years. im basically looking for loose vintage figures and vehicles in fairly good condition c7.5-10 with original accessories, and maye a few carded.

im a bit hesitant to use ebay as there seems to be a lot of sales for repro weapons and accessories and after reading a few threads on this site seems they are a lot better these days. so if i wanted to avoid repros entirely or almost can anyone recommend some online stores that are reputable or some ebay sellers with a good reputation and stock. based in the uk so anywhere closer to home a bonus any info much appreciated. any info much appreciated.

•    
    If you want to avoid eBay, you still have a few good options for collecting loose figures. The classified section here is probably a pretty good place to start. I say 'probably' because I don't often check that section, and this forum is a lot slower than it was years ago. Other good options are the various Facebook collecting groups. While I like traditional forums such as Rebelscum, there's no denying that the overwhelmingly vast majority of hobby discussions are happening elsewhere; primarily Facebook. Join some of the groups and spend some time getting to know the regulars. These groups, while not foolproof when it comes to repros and the occasional dirtbag seller, are fairly self-policing and those looking to pull fast ones are usually identified and removed pretty fast.

-Bobby
    "enjoy your day placing vlixes in your mouth"

Quote Originally Posted by veers77 View Post
    looking for general advice and info on best way to start collecting again as i sold my collection around 15 years. im basically looking for loose vintage figures and vehicles in fairly good condition c7.5-10 with original accessories, and maye a few carded.

im a bit hesitant to use ebay as there seems to be a lot of sales for repro weapons and accessories and after reading a few threads on this site seems they are a lot better these days. so if i wanted to avoid repros entirely or almost can anyone recommend some online stores that are reputable or some ebay sellers with a good reputation and stock. based in the uk so anywhere closer to home a bonus any info much appreciated. any info much appreciated.
    great time to start collecting as prices have peaked and have already started to come down. I say stick to AFA Q graded pieces that come up on ebay for auction and you can get them for a fair price. for loose figures, take a look at U graded figures from AFA on ebay as well, lots of loose figures are available with nice grades.

Quote Originally Posted by veers77 View Post

Sharp hit the nail on the head... I would also recommend visiting the Imperial Gunnery to familiarize yourself with weapons/accessories, what weapon belongs to whom, color variations etc. My second recommendation is to ignore just about anything Hoth_My_Fav has to say. He's a local troll that has a penchant for disinformation.