Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cellophane on Boxed Star Wars Items in Japan????

My opinion, this is nothing more than something that was done after market to be resold. Or maybe it was open and returned, and this is how the store packaged it for resale.

I have an Ewok battle wagon that has the same wrap. There are two tags and one says Vintage Star Wars, I don't know when the tags where put on but the wrapping looks very clean factory looking.
    He's no good to me open!

Quote Originally Posted by SOLRAC View Post
    I have an Ewok battle wagon that has the same wrap. There are two tags and one says Vintage Star Wars, I don't know when the tags where put on but the wrapping looks very clean factory looking.
    Would you mind posting or PM'ing picks of you Battle Wagon? I would love to compare! What kind of tags? Mine doesn't have tags, just the second UPC code.

It is not anything special you can take the cellophane off. Having been to Japan twice now (this year and last) and having done A LOT of vintage shopping (star wars,transformers etc.) the cellophane is actually done, as stated before so that the toys are not opened. Japanese people take a lot of pride in keeping vintage toys in the most pristine condition that they can. I have actually even seen it done in front of me with a vintage transformers i bought in order to take it with me to the states (they took the cellophane off I inspected the figure and then they put cellophane back on it.). Places like Mandarake, like to cellophane almost everything that is in a box and then they stick an extra upc code and usually another sticker with a description of the contents inside and a rating (A through C).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12