Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: EFX Star Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by thorskywalker View Post
    I apologize, my bad memory then.. But why am I under the impression that I remember the Propshop replicas being discussed here in many threads and many people criticised the materials used.. Including Chewy's bowcaster... Do I remember the whole issue incorrectly?
    There was a lot of concern about what the prop replicas would be made of when they were announced because Propshop was very vague. They did not specify what each of their props would be made of. There was just a general statement that the props were produced with a mix of materials, including 3d printed plastic. Following up with customer service wasn't helpful as they didn't know. Even when the props began shipping, a lot of people on here were still unsure of the materials because very few 'scummers bought their props. Even though I wanted a Kylo hilt, I wasn't going to buy one until I was 100% sure that the saber's body was metal. And it wasn't until I found a video of them constructing it that I was sure and that's when I pulled the trigger.
    I really can't comment on their other props like the Chewie bowcaster...I don't know exactly how they were constructed. But I think Jawa is right about the melted Vader helmet. I'm pretty sure that one was all plastic.

Thank you very much for the detailed info.. I had no idea they actually used metal at all..

Quote Originally Posted by BenObi_70 View Post
    There was a lot of concern about what the prop replicas would be made of when they were announced because Propshop was very vague. They did not specify what each of their props would be made of. There was just a general statement that the props were produced with a mix of materials, including 3d printed plastic. Following up with customer service wasn't helpful as they didn't know. Even when the props began shipping, a lot of people on here were still unsure of the materials because very few 'scummers bought their props. Even though I wanted a Kylo hilt, I wasn't going to buy one until I was 100% sure that the saber's body was metal. And it wasn't until I found a video of them constructing it that I was sure and that's when I pulled the trigger.
    I really can't comment on their other props like the Chewie bowcaster...I don't know exactly how they were constructed. But I think Jawa is right about the melted Vader helmet. I'm pretty sure that one was all plastic.
    But...it is written if the Evil Spirit arms the Tiger with claws, Brahman provided wings for the Dove...Thus spoke the Super Guru

Lighted SD model kit coming later this year

ANH, the best movie ever - ESB, the best SW movie ever
    My feedback

Gac That is Epic. Incredible detail on that SD commission !
    Last edited by GOLDCYLON; 02-14-2019 at 11:14 PM.
    Avid SCI-FI collector, Props etc

https://i.imgur.com/WFu1ZOl.gif

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910