Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Doctor Aphra - #**

Quote Originally Posted by GarvenDreis View Post

Not saying it wasn't rigged but I find it impossible actual collectors wanted Aphra over ANY of those. Guessing if Emperor or Ahsoka won we'd get nothing.
    It was a 3.75" poll, right? Curious how Yakface is just third place, and not even a close third. But I guess that matches well with what you said.
    Those polls do seem very suspicious, like audience reviews on Rotten Tomatoes.

I still want the figure though
    "her arc is to actually get bored of being powerful" - MauLer on YT, A Critique of SWTLJ, p.3

My custom Hoth Rebel Turret thread

Yes, it was a 3.75" TVC poll. But when asked about 6" Hasbro replied that the winner would get both, I think JTA shared it.

I understand Revan and Jaina. They both got a following and a lot to back them up in terms of media. Aphra was just hot at the time and as always it was skewed by Star wars.com's horrible poll system. The same system that had TLJ as the best SW film vastly winning over all the others. I think even the people on where who love TLJ would agree it's not the best or probably even second best.

Yes I still want the figure, I enjoyed her in the Vader comic. Kinda worried the Aphrs comic will make me dislike her.

So was it said if these were all being released individually? I was watching the Fwooosh and he had said she comes with her droids. I'd be nice if it was a 3 pack not to waste 3 slots in the basic line. Especially when all 3 reuse a fair bit of parts. BT-1 possibly could be all new but even if he isn't it's a more cost effective 3 pack candidate.

Rest in Peace Drewe Henley.
    Does the Cantina interest you?

Visit the Cantina Crazies Center! -
    B/S/T Feedback!

Yes, it was a 3.75" TVC poll. But when asked about 6" Hasbro replied that the winner would get both, I think JTA shared it.

I understand Revan and Jaina. They both got a following and a lot to back them up in terms of media. Aphra was just hot at the time and as always it was skewed by Star wars.com's horrible poll system. The same system that had TLJ as the best SW film vastly winning over all the others. I think even the people on where who love TLJ would agree it's not the best or probably even second best.
    Probably why we haven't seen a fan figure poll since. I admit I voted for Darth Talon, at the last one (I think)

Yes I still want the figure, I enjoyed her in the Vader comic. Kinda worried the Aphrs comic will make me dislike her.
    It's mediocre at times.

So was it said if these were all being released individually? I was watching the Fwooosh and he had said she comes with her droids. I'd be nice if it was a 3 pack not to waste 3 slots in the basic line. Especially when all 3 reuse a fair bit of parts. BT-1 possibly could be all new but even if he isn't it's a more cost effective 3 pack candidate.
    I'm fairly certain that they are to be 3 slots, not 1 3-pack.
    "her arc is to actually get bored of being powerful" - MauLer on YT, A Critique of SWTLJ, p.3

My custom Hoth Rebel Turret thread

I agree 100%. I used to think that people crying foul play over the poll were just naysayers but more and more it seems the system is flawed. I liked TLJ, but it’s nowhere near the top of my list. I’d put it on par with ROTS, which would be a notch above it if George Lucas had let someone else write the dialogue imo. Regardless I read the 1st run of Vader w/Aphra and while it was a good read I’m not sold on buying all 3 figs. I’ll probably make a judgement when I can see something other than promo pics. But after spending $200 on SHF Anakin, OB1, and Dooku I’m trying to be picky and reserved about BS purchases.

I mentioned this in the TVC thread but the same applies here - I know a few different people on various general Star Wars boards who are big fans of Aphra and have never bought any figures before, but are overjoyed to pick this up along with any related figures. Always happy to see new collectors being brought into the market, even if they are just one off purchases

Quote Originally Posted by QuiGonJohn View Post
    Where was that conducted because I asked in the Jaina and Revan threads if there had been any Fan Polls since then? Nobody seemed to know.
    Nominees, if I recall correctly, were chosen by polls in various fan communities (including this one). The final poll took place at Starwars.com.

There has not been a new poll announced in a while, likely because the lead time to produce the winning figure would extend beyond the end of Hasbro's current Star Wars licensing agreement. When and if Hasbro extends their deal with Disney, they will probably resume the fan polls. It's a cheap marketing tool, and even though there is always a lot of complaining about the winners, those figures always sell really well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123