Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help value Revenge of the Jedi Proof Cards

Quote Originally Posted by Hoth_My_Fav View Post
    Also, factor in that the economy is starting to slow down as well.
    I assume you're talking about the US Economy? Where are you getting this information from? The Fed has continued to increase the federal funds rate and GDP growth for the 3rd Quarter was 4%. It is true that wages are stagnant, but inflation is steady at just under 3% and unemployment is at a 50 year low. The US Economy as a whole, is very healthy and everything I've read suggests the economy will do just fine through at least 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Z View Post
    I assume you're talking about the US Economy? Where are you getting this information from? The Fed has continued to increase the federal funds rate and GDP growth for the 3rd Quarter was 4%. It is true that wages are stagnant, but inflation is steady at just under 3% and unemployment is at a 50 year low. The US Economy as a whole, is very healthy and everything I've read suggests the economy will do just fine through at least 2020.
    Yes, and prices are also not "down on all SW items." There are several items that continue to rise, and are the highest they've ever been. Cases with the artwork, for example, used to be a cheap buy. Not anymore — as prices have doubled and tripled in some cases (pun not intended). The 12" figures continue to rise. There are several (actual) loose figures that continue to rise. Even figures that were considered $5-10 are going for $20+.

Maybe AFA items are sitting around and coming down in price. . . ? ;-)

•    
    Alex Blaha / Hoth_My_Fav doesn't know what he's talking about. He's constantly harping on about the imminent destruction of carded figures and the falling values of Star Wars toys. But he has no credibility here. Zero. While he constantly, continuously, perpetually references his supposed database, I don't believe he's actually shown it to anyone. Until fairly recently, he kept his identity a secret. Shady. Simply put, I don't believe a word he says. Few people do. Do I have anything against the fella personally? No. I've never met him. As far as I'm aware, not one single collector on this forum or elsewhere has ever actually met him. But he spreads misinformation on this forum like few others. The hobby doesn't need the type of paranoid, unsubstantiated theories that seem to eat away at him.

-Bobby
    Last edited by Sharp; 10-17-2018 at 08:42 AM.
    "enjoy your day placing vlixes in your mouth"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12