Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperial Rocket Trooper (GameStop)

Rocket Trooper finally!! Looks great!

'Wet head' Trash compactor Luke is kinda quirky and cool so i'm happy to pick him up (Don't own the previous Luke/Stormie either)

Big fan of the Aphra comic so her and the droids are a must also. I have the SDCC vintage 3 pack plus the standalone carded Aphra which will all be staying MOC, so these will be my display pieces

2019 looking pretty stellar indeed

Quote Originally Posted by CellBlock1138 View Post
    Also, why a "glass slipper" stand when each figure already has peg holes in their feet?
    I honestly like it, a pegged stand still couldn't support one legged poses like this could. For those of us that like our figures posed in more action oriented poses or toy photographers I see it being great for running and lunging poses.

Honestly see my girlfriend wanting to make mine for her Marvel figures.

Rest in Peace Drewe Henley.
    Does the Cantina interest you?

Visit the Cantina Crazies Center! -
    B/S/T Feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by CellBlock1138 View Post
    Also, why a "glass slipper" stand when each figure already has peg holes in their feet?
    Because there is no standardization on the size of the peg holes in their feet. I, for one, am glad that Hasbro at least realized this and didn't go with the stand that comes with the deluxe Stormtrooper with blast effects. While that is a cool looking stand, it's worthless if it only works with a 50% of the figures.
    Feedback thread
    Don't need a somewhat newer jocular since the older legacy collection hypnosis arena two pack jocular is still great and thing is that do all attack of the Clones Jedi figures really need jedi robes?

Quote Originally Posted by Oofa View Post
    They said they'd start off with including them in the exclusives
    Where was this said? Not doubting you, just curious as JTA had this to say concerning the stands (not that they are always 100% right):

I forgot to include a detail that will make some collectors very happy. TBS6 figures will come with a clear triangular stand going forward, but I don’t know which wave that begins.
    Feedback thread
    Don't need a somewhat newer jocular since the older legacy collection hypnosis arena two pack jocular is still great and thing is that do all attack of the Clones Jedi figures really need jedi robes?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Ray View Post
    Where was this said? Not doubting you, just curious as JTA had this to say concerning the stands (not that they are always 100% right):
    I just watched the NYCC Panel this morning and they said the triangle stand will come with Exclusives. They said the like to test new products like this with exclusives before bringing them over to the main line.

This is where I watched the panel: https://www.facebook.com/JediBusines...9855193745832/

They talk about the stands starting at the 30:27 mark.

Because there is no standardization on the size of the peg holes in their feet. I, for one, am glad that Hasbro at least realized this and didn't go with the stand that comes with the deluxe Stormtrooper with blast effects. While that is a cool looking stand, it's worthless if it only works with a 50% of the figures.
    Well, that makes some sense. Have to admit I nver really looked that hard.

That begs the question, why bother with the pegs at all then?

Yeah, almost none of the figures work with the 40th anniversary display stand that came with Vader. Both the depth and the diameter of the peg holes are all over the place on these figures.
    Feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by KidBane View Post
    I just watched the NYCC Panel this morning and they said the triangle stand will come with Exclusives. They said the like to test new products like this with exclusives before bringing them over to the main line.

This is where I watched the panel: https://www.facebook.com/JediBusines...9855193745832/

They talk about the stands starting at the 30:27 mark.
    Thanks, guess JTA got it wrong.
    Feedback thread

Go look at your Enfys Nest peg holes... It's a joke!

Rest in Peace Drewe Henley.
    Does the Cantina interest you?

Visit the Cantina Crazies Center! -
    B/S/T Feedback!

Thanks, guess JTA got it wrong.
    Big surprise!

Steve Evans made it pretty clear regarding the stand. He said that the development team tried a number of stands, but this version seemed to work the best. Evidently the triangular stand is more stable than a round stand. And the sleeve for the foot seemed to work better than a peg.

I think this trooper is interesting. The Rocket Troopers did get some screen time in REBELS. And I also saw that these troopers turned up in Battlefront II, which may be the tie-in to GameStop having this particular exclusive.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast